Adding Live Yeast and Dry Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ercscotty

Reaction score
I know, I know...Mr. Beer...
Needless to say, I am for the most part a newbor....Right now I have a pils bottled and almost ready for lagering.
What I am looking for is just some opinions, comments, criticisms, etc...
I took a can of Mr. Beer's Nut Brown Ale, did the usual tasks for brewing, but put a spin on things.
First of all, I took a packet of yeast from Mr. Beer and added it to a glass of warm water, mixed it, and let it sit for about 15 minutes. The 2 gallon container (everything sanitized) was filled quarter of the way with cool water.
Here's part of the twist....I took 1 tblsp of all spice, 1/2 tsp of coco, and 1/2 tsp of brown sugar, and the livin'd up yeast water, and added it to the cool water already in the keg. I took about 2 quarts of water, warmed up the can of malt, and then added it to the water..making it boil. Once it boiled, I let it cool and then added it to the existing mash in the keg. Once the wart was added, I added another dry packet of yeast and stir for about 10 minutes.

Now, this is totally an experiment. I've brewed many successful brews, but I followed the instructions to a "T" and at this point I wanted to make something different. I plan on letting this ferment for 3-4 weeks and then bottling it for carbonation for 3 weeks, and then to the fridge for at least another 3 weeks or more before drinking.

Long, explained and probably boring to most of you, BUT please give me your opinions to what you think what will happen, any suggestions, etc.

Pridefully the yeast will hold up.
Thanks,

SC

Back