Can't Cook, Need Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd even say, watch Good Eats if you can find the show onliine somewhere. Sure, Alton Brown gets a little nerdy with his scientific approach, but you do get to know what he's talking about and why. A lot of the recipes he uses are pretty simple, some shows are devoted to technique alone (like his one about knife skills) and in one... he even brews beer!

:fro:

*EDIT* I see I am not the first person to recommend this show!

:ban:

I know this is a necro thread, but in the last 7 years I've found a ton of great cooking programs and videos online. Dailymotion, Hulu, even youtube has a bunch of them, many of them actually coming from the BBC and from Australia... the funny thing is that many of the British ones are hosted by Gordon Ramsay, where instead of swearing at people he actually teaches cooking. I've actually cooked several of his recipes.

Here's some of my favorites.

This is a series of lessons taught by one of the instructors at the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) very good beginner techniques and recipes that are quite amazing.
The Everyday Gourmet

Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Again, beginner up to advanced with some really tasty recipes, I've actually done a ton of these, including the stuffed lamb's breast, and the Korean Tacos.

From Australia, James Reeson's The Occasional Cook He's got a really effortless cooking style, and he's a hoot to watch.

Believe it or not you can learn alot from watching Masterchef Australia, where it's more about the cooking and less about the manufactured drama.. and in every season they do 1 or 2 masterclass episodes which is really just cooking lessons. Here's one of the seasons on Dailymotion.

Rachel Khoo (my crush) Little Paris Kitchen is great too, she is cute, and does amazing and interesting simple food in a tiny kitchen. You have to root around to find the complete season, here's a google search.

Hope this helps anyone discovering this thread. LOL

Back