NanoBrewery build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foundation in.

Foundation poured 9-14-11.jpg

(1st post) hows the current tasting room doing? profitable on its own or are all of your eggs in the larger brewery basket?

(1st post) hows the current tasting room doing? profitable on its own or are all of your eggs in the larger brewery basket?

Welcome to the insanity :cross:
The tasting room is going a little slower than last year, probably in part to me focusing on the larger brewery. This winter will give me time to get used to the new equipment before next summer tourist season starts.

This IS the American dream! Best of luck! I commend you on not going too big too soon. That can be a recipe for disaster.

Wait what...a new building...??? Man, I don't come on here for a few months and I miss something. New, larger building means things are going well I presume. Congratulations! I now have to go back and figure out what page I last read.

Whoah dang! Lots of framing going on. I didn't see this update on your Facebook page. Its looking like mucho progress. Is that second room a temp controlled chamber? You are rapidly becoming a source of my future plans after I retire.

Thank you for keeping us posted, Hoss - please keep it up. Looking forward to more pictures and progress reports. Looking great!

Hi Hoss,

I was thinking a bit over one of my wheat beers (but three deep) that i'd like to try your beer, but i'm in Kansas. How about doin some mail-order sort of thing this winter when it slows down a bit for ya? I know I've spent much more on something far more wastefull, and i'd be glad to help a fellow brewer. I'd be in if you were to decide to do something..

Swifty

Hoss,

Far from the first to say it and certainly not the last - Thanks for posting your story. Pure awesome.

I hope you continue to succeed, especially now that a loan is involved. If you ever want to bounce anything sales related off me I'm here to help, I work for a company whose sales training program is top notch. Cold calling can really suck but sometimes you gotta do it. The thing you have on your side, compared to the guy calling to get you to switch long distance carriers, is obviously passion.

Cheers

buy me a plane ticket and have plenty of beer and ill come do the roof for you no charge. no seriously I am a master carpenter and just got laid off from work
LOL but not really :confused:

So it looks like you are on a hillside. Is there a nice inspirational view toward Yosemite?

Cool, thread just read/skimmed through a lot of it. I like the progression from your beginnings to where it looks like you're headed. Best of luck to you!!!

Wow, what an incredible read. I don't know how you've managed to raise two children on your own, work a regular job and keep this brewery marching forwards-but my hat is off to you sir!

You give those of us in soul sucking 9- 5 jobs hope that some day...

Best of luck and I'll be eagerly watching your progress.

Dang HB, you are livin' the dream! When you're feeling worn down remember we're rooting for you. When I'm playing desk jockey all week I'll be daydreaming about being HBHoss when I grow up :)

Quite an amazing story! I can't wait to see whats next. With everything you have here on this thread, you could write a book.

Amazing! Just finished reading every last word in this thread. I wish you all the best. Can't wait to see the new brewery. I hope to get there one day.

Again, all the best!

Looking good!

You know I was up in yosemite back in suptember wish I had known about you then! like so many others this is a little baby dream that I am slowly raising in my own heart/mind. On a side note as I parked my car in the yosemite visitors center lot I looked up at the fence and said to my wife 'hey those are hops!' I grabbed a handfull but never neded up doing anything with them, they were a little past their prime anyway but I though it would be cool to snag them when they were prime and make a brew with them. something to think about! they were in the far corner of the lot, terrible with directions but they were growing up the corner of a big wooden fence if that helps.

I do brew a Brown Ale called "Wawona Ale" because it uses wild hops from the Yosemite Valley. A number of locals have told me they have wild hops growing. I suppose they are all left over from the Gold Rush days when they brewed their own beers.

I just read this entire thread. Awesome. Makes me realize that I might be able to do something like this... anyone up to date on ABC regs for TN? Can't find much info on fees or regs for breweries.

Back