Back to Brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdavisii

Reaction score
Its been about ten months since i last brewed or been on HBT. Just wanted to jump back in a say Hi to everyone and see what you all think.

So.............I threw this together and dont really know what to call it or what it is.

8lbs 2-row
8oz aromatic
8oz honey malt
8oz dextrin
8oz 80l
8oz special B
8oz oats

Mt hood 5.1% at 60mins
mt hood 4.0% 15
centenial 9.2% 15

mashed at 153 for 70 minutes
got an OG or 1.05
wyeast 2206 fermenting at 52 for six days then up to 56 (its still in the primary fermenter)

What do you all think the style is and how it will turn out.

I'm not sure what kind of style it'll fall under, but I think it's going to be very light and sweet. 80l is really the only thing that will darken it. I've not brewed with special b before so I may be wrong. I don't think you'll have any trouble with it being a good beer. You didn't do anything crazy with it.

I'd call it an Amber Ale! For the previous poster, Special B is a dark (150L) crystal malt from Belgium. That combined with the 80L Crystal will make it nice & red. It'll be nice & malty sweet. It's a complex grain bill but I think it'll be great.

Back