football season is almost here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
whats everyone breiwng to have during football season?

Its so tough to get excited right now for my Eagles. Dawkins is gone, Jim Johnson died and Stewart Bradley is done for the year.:confused: At least McNabb is healthy and he's got some recievers now and LeSean? McCoy! I have a feeling this offense is gonna have to be pretty stoudt to make up for the defense. But to get on point, I have a Amber Ale bottled and aging and a Belgian Wit in the works.

i meant to post in the recipe section but i guess this works to

I have an AHB American Wheat that I am adding Vanilla to and one I call Tailgate Red that I will brew this weekend.

Too hot to brew! But in a couple months, I'm doing a, egregiously hoppy IPA, I don't care what anyone says, I like 'em haha. And then I have a bunch of rauchmalt, so some rauchbier it is. Oh, and a redo of my oatmeal stout for the winter, yum.

Well, I usually get excited for the start of Hockey season, and then have to temper that a bit for the Football season. I'm a Red Wings and Lions fan, so I get the whole range of emotions during the fall season.

I'm just hoping the Lions win a couple this year. I should be brewing a very strong beer to cry in right about now. Maybe a Lions Losing Lager.

Thank god football is almost here. As for brewing, nothing specific was in mind until you planted the seed. Now I must think!

I've got a Belgian Blonde (BM's), the 10-10-10 brew, and the revamped version of my Maibock due up this fall. Then it's back reorganizing/remodeling/rebuilding my brew area and assorted brew gadgets this winter.

A homebrewer's work is never done...

I've got a Pale Ale that will be ready for the Saints' first game and I'm working on making a golden something recipe for my Tiger's Tailgating parties. I can't wait!

Two separate batches of imperial stout. As a Bills fan I'm going to need something strong to take the edge off as another season of futility unfolds. At least I'll have good beer.

I'm brewing a pale ale this coming weekend.

As a Mets fan, football season cannot come soon enough.
Sheesh.

I think I will brew beer, beer and then more beer.

actually I have been meaning to brew a moose drool clone that I have had the ingredients forever. I have to do a Wit and a experimental batch of a session porter that I am trying to master for winter time.

Just brewed up a Belgian Specialty Ale with loads of Saaz and Crystal. Also have a brown Ale that should be ready by then. I think an IPA is up next and then after that I will be shooting for my stouts and porters for the winter nights.

I will be kegging my AHS Warrior Pale batch (first batch in my new keg setup) and might start something Big and Red in preparation for the Husker Season (Go Big Red!!!!!).

For hockey season I'll have a mild, a couple stouts, a porter, and an Irish red and maybe a few more. What's football?:cross: Let's go flyers!:rockin:

I have a dry-hopped cream ale and a Koelsch in the carboys now, and will be starting on a Berliner Weisse within the next week. Of course I'll be watching all the Gator home games in the stadium (and I like to be sober for those), but the away games will be enjoyed with homebrewed beer by my side.

Last year I brewed a Steelers Super Bowl Stout for the game and that seemed to turn out rather well as I recall. I also brewed a Stanely Cup Summer Ale for the Penguins final series and that seemed to turn out rather well also. Are you seeing a trend? Either my beers are magical and cause Pittsburgh to win championships or ....... well there is no other explanation.

That's right my brewing has won a Stanley cup and a Lombardi. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :ban::rockin::mug::drunk:

I guess I never gave you an answer to your question. Sorry I got too excited. I'll be brewing a stout and hopefully another summer ale on the same dates as last year if applicable.

Making a pale ale with rye and only Liberty hops which should be ready for the first regular season Rangers game :p

Beings as I am a Rams fan, maybe I should brew a Fail Ale

I'm a Lions fan, so I think I'd need an Extra Fail Ale.

Less than a month until MSU's first game, I can't wait! I've got a brown ale ready to go, a blonde in the secondary, and I'm brewing a porter this weekend.

This season is special to me. My boy will be playing linebacker for the Airforce Academy Falcons in the Mountain West conference. Its his freshman year. He just started practice yesterday. Hopefully he will catch the eye of the defensive coord and get some playing time at special teams. He is good enough to start and was recruited by alot of other Div 1 schools. I have BM's centennial blonde, Nearly nirvanna pale ale, orange cascades and SWMBO slayer on Tap. Dead guy clone, Dudes Lake walk pale ale, and Bee cave Brewery's Oktoberfest kegged and in the closet. Stone IPA clone and BM's Belgian Wit in primary and Blimey's ESB in secondary. Brewing BeeCave Brewery Kolsch this weekend. This should last but i have thirsty neighbors!

Hefe for the start of the season, vanilla Porter for the middle and Oaked Aged Bourbon Stout for the Playoffs!

This season is special to me. My boy will be playing linebacker for the Airforce Academy Falcons in the Mountain West conference. Its his freshman year. He just started practice yesterday. Hopefully he will catch the eye of the defensive coord and get some playing time at special teams. He is good enough to start and was recruited by alot of other Div 1 schools. I have BM's centennial blonde, Nearly nirvanna pale ale, orange cascades and SWMBO slayer on Tap. Dead guy clone, Dudes Lake walk pale ale, and Bee cave Brewery's Oktoberfest kegged and in the closet. Stone IPA clone and BM's Belgian Wit in primary and Blimey's ESB in secondary. Brewing BeeCave Brewery Kolsch this weekend. This should last but i have thirsty neighbors!

You really have a great season ahead of you. Enjoy your sons success no matter what happens! :tank:

Back