Stupidest thing you've heard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z987k

Reaction score
...Related to brewing. I figured I'd put it in DRMM anyways.

Yesterday someone told another person(not on here, and I was in awe when I heard this because of who it was)
"If you don't have any Crystal 20, just sub two pounds of Crystal 10" :mad::mad::mad:
NO! That is not in any way how it works.

Same as Crystal 90 + Crystal 40 != Crystal 65.

No no no no no. :(

oook why won't Crystal 90 + Crystal 40 = Crystal 65? If you need a lb of 65, half and half should do it.

I had someone come over when I was brewing and asked me "When do you add the alcohol". Ahh stupidity at its finest.

oook why won't Crystal 90 + Crystal 40 = Crystal 65? If you need a lb of 65, half and half should do it.

Well, actually in that case you would probably come close. But really all of the crystals have different layers of flavor to them. With .5lb of 90 and .5lb of 40, you would probably come pretty close to the same flavor as a lb of 65, but for example, you couldn't take a .5 of 40 and a .5 lb of 120 and expect to get the same flavor as a lb of 80. You would probably come pretty close color wise, but the flavor would be quite different.

I'm paraphrasing here, but "Man beer is any beer that is on the side of a NASCAR or a bass boat eg: Budweiser, Coors, Busch, etc"

I'm paraphrasing here, but "Man beer is any beer that is on the side of a NASCAR or a bass boat eg: Budweiser, Coors, Busch, etc"

Guess they haven't seen this sign:

10040-sign.jpg

:D

maybe not the dumbest, but pretty dumb.

I went into a local brew store here for the first time... mostly wine stuff...
I asked the old guy behind the counter if he sells Dried Malt Extract.
He gave me a long pause and a dumb look then his face lit up "oh! you mean DME". Yes, you tool, I mean DME since that is what DME stands for.
He looks at me like I am the moron in this scenario... as if he didn't know what the hell "Dried Malt Extract" is and/or I am the nub for not using the cool acronym.

didn't buy anything...
probably never will. :)

Had a friend of mine brew a Vienna lager....in his living room.......in the summer......with ale yeast.......NOT A LAGER!!!

lol, I love getting reviews back. My Russian Imperial Stout (the 08/08/08, in fact) made it to finals and got pretty good reviews, but they're all mixed. One guy doesn't think I aged it enough :rolleyes: and another says too much. One thinks it's too roasty, another not roasty enough.

These judges are just siwwy.

Back