What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcbaumannerb said:
hmmmm .... this smells suspiciously like that canned pork product.

One more water ... then I just might have to try one of those CCB hopped on the high seas Caribbean IPAs :)

What tipped you off?
They joined today
It was their first post
The name of what they're drinking is in their member name
Their post sounds like a sales pitch

Brewdog Libertine black ale.

ForumRunner_20131024_203105.png

Pretty good black IPA, should have tried it earlier.

It wouldn't hurt to also GENTLY swirl (read swirl not slosh) the beer to help bring some of the yeast back into suspension. Just gently rock the carboy trying hard not to splash and slosh it around.

Once it warms up, you may also try to swirl it a bit (taking care not to splash it - just to get some of the yeast back into suspension.) And I'm definitely of the camp that I'd rather spend an extra $4 on a beer to have it ferment cleanly, so definitely go with 2 (or better yet, use the Mr. Malty yeast calculator to take the guesswork out!)

Also, I would try gently swirling the fermenter without splashing to get the yeast back in suspension. :D
Thank you all, even the smart ass. :D
It is getting a bit warmer and I took it out of the water bath because that wasn't helping matters. I definitely should have thought to just pitch two packets. It was not at all about the extra cash. I really put a lot of stock in what the LHBS guy said. He has given a lot of great advice but he can't always be right. :)
Drinking water still. Just placed my order for two 5 gallon bubblers from Norther Brewer, another BOGO offer and I couldnt pass it up this time!

Okay what? Link!
:ban: Drinking cherry coke from a late lunch. Picking up a couple of coolers in a bit then off to my other job-o.

Also sign up to receive their catalogs, they run different deals in print sometimes as well. I never order from them anymore but I love getting their catalogs.

Just go to the northernbrewer.com site ... it is on the main page in the slide show of offers that go by

Damnit! I wanted to feel special and get a special link and everything! Edit, just what I need is more crap to make more beer. And I wish I could get a 5 gal and a 6 gal on BOGO.

Damnit! I wanted to feel special and get a special link and everything! Edit, just what I need is more crap to make more beer. And I wish I could get a 5 gal and a 6 gal on BOGO.

Email/call them, if you buy a 6 gallon I bet they'd honor the bogo with a 5er

I definitely should have thought to just pitch two packets.

I've heard the dry yeast manufacturers underestimate cell count quite a bit. If you rehydrate, I'm pretty confident that one 11g pack is plenty to ferment 5.5 gallons of 1.067 wort.

Drinking Torpedo, had an 80 acre with lunch but need stronger stuff to get the kitchen floor clean. Doing it Cinderella style, well if Cinderella was a homebrewer and just sprinkled Oxyclean on the floor and then wiped it up.

Found a very promising location for nano today and although I'm not sure what square footage is yet, I think it's under 30 cents/sq ft which is dirt cheep. Place needs work, but hopefully owner will be amenable to reduced or no rent during the time needed to get the building fixed up and TTB out of the way. It's not in a scary neighborhood, but it's not great and I really doubt she'll get it rented to anyone else, particularly not someone willing to do so much to increase her property value.

Drinking Torpedo, had an 80 acre with lunch but need stronger stuff to get the kitchen floor clean. Doing it Cinderella style, well if Cinderella was a homebrewer and just sprinkled Oxyclean on the floor and then wiped it up.

Nice imagery.

I've heard the dry yeast manufacturers underestimate cell count quite a bit. If you rehydrate, I'm pretty confident that one 11g pack is plenty to ferment 5.5 gallons of 1.067 wort.

Found a very promising location for nano today and although I'm not sure what square footage is yet, I think it's under 30 cents/sq ft which is dirt cheep. Place needs work, but hopefully owner will be amenable to reduced or no rent during the time needed to get the building fixed up and TTB out of the way. It's not in a scary neighborhood, but it's not great and I really doubt she'll get it rented to anyone else, particularly not someone willing to do so much to increase her property value.

That's exciting! Me and 3 other guys are starting a nano here but keeping our day jobs until we can expand and go Micro and we are in the process of locating our buidling also. Are you going to run solo? If so, I salute your testicular fortitude :tank:

mcbaumannerb said:
Onward and upward. Stone Vertical Epic 12.12.12

(But I did save the best for last!)

I really liked that one. I wish I would've saved a bottle.

I still see some on the shelves around me. I really was not a fan last year, but maybe it's changed with age.

EDIT: Wes, you see my trade offer?

And I'm not drinking anything, yet. At the airport, flight's delayed for some stupid reason, not weather at least.

That's exciting! Me and 3 other guys are starting a nano here but keeping our day jobs until we can expand and go Micro and we are in the process of locating our buidling also. Are you going to run solo? If so, I salute your testicular fortitude :tank:

Me and my very supportive wife. I seem to have missed the 'Christ Reconciled Church' in the next building. My wife went by to look at the building today since she was in the neighborhood. City has a '200 ft rule' which is better than State's '2000 ft rule'. Hopefully the City means actual church and not place where nut jobs meet to go door to door to bother people on Satruday mornings. Can't swing a dead cat in the neighborhood we're looking at without hitting a weird sect's 'church'.:cross:

WesleyS said:

Luckily, I did. I do think it's better now, so I may open that in 6-12 months.

On to the end of my flight ... Breakfast Stout - excellent again this year! :mug:

image-2867551236.jpg

And I have a sneaky suspicion I'll be back here in three weeks...

image-2207450479.jpg

TNGabe said:
Me and my very supportive wife. I seem to have missed the 'Christ Reconciled Church' in the next building. My wife went by to look at the building today since she was in the neighborhood. City has a '200 ft rule' which is better than State's '2000 ft rule'. Hopefully the City means actual church and not place where nut jobs meet to go door to door to bother people on Sunday mornings. Can't swing a dead cat in the neighborhood we're looking at without hitting a weird sect's church.:cross:

Just rent the place and hand a sign for Satan worshipers ... they'll be gone before you start the permit paperwork. ;)

Just rent the place and hand a sign for Satan worshipers ... they'll be gone before you start the permit paperwork. ;)

Only sign of them online is a twitter account that was somewhat active for about 10 months and stopped a month ago. Hopefully they're not around any more. I'll call city in the am. I emailed a guy I know in the county Mayor's office asking if he knew who might be helpful. The city's website isn't.

Back