what parts will i need?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benpen

Reaction score
So i went ahead and ordered a cornelius keg. I already have a co2 tank and regulator that is in my current kegerator. I'm wanting to turn a cooler into a kegerator for going to parties and such events. Since i already have a co2 tank and regulator what else besides tubing and a faucet will i need. can i use a sanke keg coupler on this keg it doesn't look like it will work. thanks for any help given

BEN

You will need either a ball-lock or a pin-lock quick disconnect, depending on which style of corny keg you bought. You'll need 2 - one for liquid, one for gas.

You should read through a couple links in the Kegging sticky, located here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=43347

From left-to-right:
CO2 tank -> regulator -> fitting to hose -> hose -> fitting to QD -> gas-side QD -> Keg
Keg -> Liquid QD -> fitting to hose -> hose -> fitting to nipple -> nipple -> shank -> Faucet.

Brownish is beer, Blue is gas-side.

Back