• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Homebrew kegging setup + kegerator in NYC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwb2103

Reaction score
Well, this is painful. I'm moving soon and have finally accepted that I won't be able to take my kegerator and home brew kegging setup with me. Hopefully someone on here can find it a good home. The kegerator is a converted wine fridge setup to handle two 5 gal (20 L) kegs. It should also be able to accomodate a 7.5 gal (30 L) pony keg (the tall ones, maybe not the shot fat ones) but it CANNOT handle a standard 15.5 gallon (50 L) full keg (sometimes called a half barrel or incorrectly called a half keg). Everything except for crescent wrenches, a thermometer, and cleaning kit are included. I used the conversion kit from BeverageFactory to make this ( this one: http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kits/sdtk.shtml + upgrade to stainless steal towers). I've always cleaned the lines promptly after finishing kegs so they should be in good condition.

Also included are two 5 gallon "soda kegs" for use with home brewing. Kegging homebrew is actually pretty simple so, although I want to make this sound fancy, there isn't much else to say there.

I'm currently asking $300 for the whole setup.

So for $300 what you get is:
The fridge with dual taps on top
1 5lb CO2 tank (still decently full)
1 dual hose two stage regulator (this is what you will need a crescent wrench for)
2 keys for regular kegs
2 sets of connectors for the soda kegs (the black pieces and white pieces in the picture)
2 sets of picnic taps (the black hoses that you can use to serve beer if you want to bring your kegs somewhere away from the kegerator)
2 5 gallon soda kegs
1 faucet wrench

To get even more specific, I made a thread here when I built the kegerator describing all that went into the conversion. You can take a look at that here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/haier-wine-cellar-kegerator-77582/
The main things to note are that I moved the compressor back so it sticks out a bit, and I added a knob that can be used to override the temperature controller and make the fridge get even colder than the 45° F that it usually drops to on the white wine setting. This is great, but requires that you have a thermometer in there so that you know the actual temperature in the fridge. In all it cost me 220 for the conversion kit, 50 for the CO2 tank, 110 for the wine fridge on craigslist, and 150 for the homebrew kegs + adaptors. Feel free to email me if you are interested or have any questions. I think this would be pretty unreasonable to move further than NYC so sorry if you aren't interested but don't live near by. I live in Manhattan near 109th and broadway and will accept cash. Full disclosure, I also posted this on craigslist before a forum member reminded me that I should really put it up here too. There are a few more recent pics up there: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/app/2440726769.html

The max external dimensions are about 28" deep, 20" wide, and 59" from the floor to the top of the big tap handles I currently have on there (about 39" from the floor to the top of the fridge part.

Internally the space is about 16" deep, 15.5" wide, and 32.5" high. Nothing is perfectly rectangular but hopefully that gives you some idea.

I'm also probably going to have to sell my brewing setup, but I can only bring myself to post the kegging setup today.

I'll miss this guy.

AHHHHH, Where the hell were you 2 weeks ago!! I would be in my car and driving to NYC for this immediately if I hadnt already snagged all the parts for a keezer build.

This is a great deal.

Back