Pump deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't. But it could be used for prechilling water in an IC, or for building a keg/carboy washer.

You can't. But it could be used for prechilling water in an IC, or for building a keg/carboy washer.

These are the exact uses I'm going to have for this pump. I will be brewing indoors (all electric) and bringing in (and draining) water is a big PITA.

Thoughts on how sanitary you can keep this thing?

Yeah, it's not for wort handling for sure. Might also be overkill for chilling water as well. 3700GPH is a lot! Many of the recirculating ice water chillers use a small pond/fountain pump. Like this 258 GPH one for only $15.

Oh, and I have that pump the OP posted as a keg washer.

I use a harbor freight submersible pump to pump ice water through my IC, and will use it with my plate chiller soon.

The pump I use is the 160GPH model. It was $9, on sale for $6, or something like that. Really cheap, but it works great. In fact, I will probably have to throttle back the flow with my plate chiller.

Neat thing is that Harbor Freight is right down the street from the LHBS, so I can hit them both in one trip.

:rockin:

that pump would indeed be overkill. I have one and use it in for pumping liquid ferts in my competition pumpkin patch. Hooked to a waterhose with a stream nozzle on it I can cover a 35 foot radius area. Good pump but it moves alot of liquid.

Back