Classic Beer Style Series: Lambic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought it New off Amazon, so apparently. I'll try to remember to report back when it arrives. From what I've read they updated some of the brewery info for this latest addition.

I just bought it New off Amazon, so apparently. I'll try to remember to report back when it arrives. From what I've read they updated some of the brewery info for this latest addition.

So did I. I look the other day and it wasn't available.

Lambicland is good, but it is more about the commercial operations, places to buy the beers, commercial examples etc... not much gritty detail on the actual process. Wild Brews has almost all the info from the Classic Styles book, no excuse for not picking it up.

Wild Brews has almost all the info from the Classic Styles book, no excuse for not picking it up.

That's great to hear. I've got BLaM and Farmhouse Ales and was looking into completing the set by getting Wild Brews. It is definitely on my shopping list. Thanks!

Lambicland is good, but it is more about the commercial operations, places to buy the beers, commercial examples etc... not much gritty detail on the actual process. Wild Brews has almost all the info from the Classic Styles book, no excuse for not picking it up.

Cool. That's about what I expected. Since I've owned Wild Brews for quite some time, I'm not necessarily looking for another brewing book on lambics. At this point experience is more valuable to me than one more book full of guidelines and things. However, the historical/commercial info in LambicLand should be fun to read. I never enjoyed history classes in school, but when it comes to brewing history, I'm a nut for it!

FYI, Borders just cancelled my backordered order today. Looks like they finally realized new copies weren't coming in... Oh well, it was worth a try!

I just posted on the publishers facebook page. Did you guys get any response?

I got a response!

From Brewers Publications: "Hi Anthony - there IS a possibility of bringing this back as an ebook and potentially do a limited print run. It's on my docket for 2012 but much will depend on the condition and availability of the original files among other things. I can't give you a timeline just yet but it is on my radar and I'd like to see it done this year but much will be based on files and other behind the scenes issues. Stay tuned here as this is where we'll announce it and thanks for the interest!"

Back