Show off your brew setup!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lil' Sparky said:
Nice set up there Biermann!

I think I paid a little less for mine (my whole set up compared to your fermenter, that is) ;)

brew_stand_complete.JPG

Nice rig. . .

You going to set up a HERMS for it?? I really like mine. . .

I thought really long about building my own setup-- seeing as how I work 60 plus hours/week, and I don't have the equipment or skills to weld, I figured I'd dip into my savings a bit and get a sculpture made for me.

That said, I have modified it, and I have done some tinkering with it.

No HERMS anytime soon. Maybe someday when I get bored making great beer the easy way. ;)

You really do have a nice setup there! Building this was easy and cheap, but I certainly understand just wanting to buy it and be done with it. My old man came down and brewed with me this weekend. After seeing how easy the 3-tier is, I think that's what he's decided to do. I showed him the morebeer.com website and he started to drool.

The hardest part about buying a B3 sculpture was waiting for it to get here. . . :D

Its a great system though, and I recommend their systems highly for anyone who wish to fork over the $$$. It sure has made me the envy of my brewing friends. . .

This is a very groovy thread, and fully deserving of a resurrection. Here's my setup. Well, as much as will fit in one pic.

:D

Kegs and bottles in the Johnson-controlled freezer-kegerator to the left; most of my brewing gear and grains on the homebuilt, movable workstation to the right. All my utensils and some extra malt is in the box at the lower left.

Oh, and one of my fermenters is currently hanging out in a buddy's fermentation fridge until this Saturday when I'll bring it home, so it does not appear.

:rockin:

Tim_Kreitz_Brew_Station.jpg

So, tell me, whats the purpose of the tiered brewstands? I'm assuming it's some kind of transfer setup.
Despite the fact that I've been doing this a long time, I've kept it pretty simple. I have no idea what some of this equipment is and it's purpose.

:mug:

Hey there, the tiered style is simply for ease of transferring by gravity the water from the HLT, wort to the kettle and finished product to the ferm's. I could build it all single level system but would have to run pumps and I am just not ready to make that decision yet.

Back