Up next (sat a.m.) Imperial American Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahoym8e

Reaction score
Muuaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

It's going to be big.

I have 7.5 lbs of LME, over 3 lbs in grain for my mini mash, 4 oz of Hops... WL California V yeast.

India what? :D

Am going to be very meticulous with the grain, and try to get a nice clear beer.

Can't wait for Saturday morning. it may storm here friday night, so it'll be pleasantly cool outside too...

:mug:

ahoym8e said:
Am going to be very meticulous with the grain, and try to get a nice clear beer.

What do you do exactly with the grain to get a clear beer? Careful temp control? Something else? Just curious...

temp control, and for the first time I will try to recirculate the grain tea back through the grain a few times before sparging with water. I am hypothesizing that the steeping grain will filter out some of the junk that causes cloudy beer.

We shall see if it works. I'll report back.

well I think I fouled up my mini-mash.

I started steeping at 155, but 30 minutes later the water was only 140... :( my sparge water turned out to be in the mid 150's too . Not sure how that got so fouled up. I sure paid a lot of attention.

good thing I have so much liquid ME!

ALso after sparging my grain with 3+ gallons (and the final unoff was VERY clear), when I set the grainbag down on my porch for a while, sticky brown fluid leached out of it after a while... I though I had gotten it all out....

Back