Putting CO2 Bottle on it's side?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Can you lay a CO2 bottle on it's side and continue to use it?

I think that would solve a kegerator space issue I am about to have.

Can you lay a CO2 bottle on it's side and continue to use it?

I think that would solve a kegerator space issue I am about to have.

No!

The CO2 in that bottle is in liquid state. Gravity / Liquid / You do the math.

If you have space issues inside the kegorator, then rig some fittings through the wall and have the bottle outside.

Put it outside. Problem solved. If it's a 5lb tank you can just mount it to the wall on the back of the fridge.

That's what I thought. But I have seen a pic of someone mounting their bottle on it's side in a little kegerator. Seems like they had the regulator on top.

I have a dual regulator setup. I can run one line through the drain hole in the fridge without issue, but if I run two lines, I will have to enlarge the hole, or figure out some other way to run it.

I need a keezer. I can't even put six kegs and a CO2 bottle in my kegerator!

Why don't you just run one line through the hole and put the manifold on the inside of the keezer? Or do you want two lines for different PSI's?

You can have the co2 on its side if you install a siphon so you only get gas and not liquid. Same idea paintballers use on their co2 tanks.

Back