New Guy From Lubbock,TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechBrewer

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently became interested in Home Brewing after tasting one of my friends home made beer. After doing a little research I found that this is right up my alley. I would like to know if there are any good books to read that teach the history (kind of a history buff) as well as how to brew. Are there any laws here in Texas that i should know about to stay out of trouble im not particularly fond of the idea of TABC busting down my door.

Thank You

Don't throw your homebrew bottles at TABC officers, that's my best advice.

Welcome aboard :mug:

Your only allowed to make 100 gallons a year, but that's a national law I think. And you can't sell it without a license, which is waaaay too expensive for a homebrewer to ever think about. Other than that drink away, Texas is actually very friendly towards homebrew, it's the craft brewers that have a tough time here.

Guns Up Dude!

I tried a fellows "Red Raider IPA" year before last.... You have some accomplished trail breakers up there! Best of Fortune!

i'll second jalapeno's suggestion of the ale-ians. I went to a couple of meetings before i moved and they were all very welcoming and helpful. They also have some awesome brewers there.

Back