How many kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 8, and am ordering two more tomorrow. I never thought I'd "need" more than 2. I have room for 4 in my kegerator, and use the outside fridge for carbing and aging.

I also started out with two. Couldn't perceive needing more. Currently I have a total of seven. Four serving , two conditioning (on gas), and 1 lagering. I can fit all seven in the kegerator, so I need about three more for turnaround, warm conditioning, aging purposes. And I still bottle about every fifth batch.

chessking said:
I also started out with two. Couldn't perceive needing more. Currently I have a total of seven. Four serving , two conditioning (on gas), and 1 lagering. I can fit all seven in the kegerator, so I need about three more for turnaround, warm conditioning, aging purposes. And I still bottle about every fifth batch.

I've been doing 12 gallon batches, bottling 1ish gallon and kegging 10. Let's me have beer when I let my pipeline dry out.

I have 11. 8 true ball locks, 3 pin locks that have been converted (though in hindsight, I didn't need to do that). I can serve 3 at a time, as long as one is one of the pinlocks. I can carb and condition another 5 in the chest freezer. I tend to bottle high ABV stuff, as it sits way too long on tap. Beers on tap are generally 1.070 and less. Helps with the turnover. And one tap is pretty much dedicated to being our house pale.

Just scored four more, for a total of 11. Beauty is, I got em for $25 each--ball locks from a man getting out of the hobbsession!

Back