Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benco

Reaction score
I'm a newbie! I've made a few 5 gal batches from Monsterbrew true brew kits! Ale, bock, ipa! They were pretty easy and tasted great! I'm looking for something more challenging! Just brewed Austin homebrew! Texas blonde ale! Don't have carboy! Is that more for fermenting or clearing! Thanks!

Can use it for both but I prefer buckets for cleaning ease. Most use them for secondaries to clear or add fruit etc.

For me I like to use rhe bucket for primary and my carboy for secondary/ clearing. It is easier for me to cold crash in the carboy as far as putting it inthe fridge. Alot of people dont secondary and will say you dont need to but I feel it makes it clearer and more presentable when serving. Call me asnob but I love hearing how good it looks as well how good it tastes.

Haha....Im a non secondary guy. You nailed me kandofab! Im of the school that three weeks in the primary outweighs any benefits from racking. Since I stopped using secondary and just leaving it in the primary for at least three weeks my beers have been much better. Not just much, much MUCH BETTER!

Back