What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A trade from Hello, cant wait to try all of these!

IMG_6539.jpg

image-3215835292.jpg

Yeast! Wyeast 3463 Forbidden Fruit , 2 Mangrove Jack US West Coast and 5 packets of S-05

This...my final installment of a 3-month craft beer club membership that I won. No beers have been exceptional but I'm still eager to try these.
IMG_5933.jpg

This...my final installment of a 3-month craft beer club membership that I won. No beers have been exceptional but I'm still eager to try these.
View attachment 164198

How did you win that? I have looked into those beer of the month clubs, and as you mentioned they seem to only send out ok beers, nothing exceptional which is how it should be. Free beer is always good though :mug:

Stocking up on malt

25 lb 2-row US
5 lb Munich
5 lb Maris Otter Floor Malt
5 lb Bo Pilsner Floor Malt

and yeast: Saflager 34/70

and a pound of caps just because

Received two, 3-piece ball valves, from Adventures in Homebrewing.:mug:

30 soda preform bottles and 2 plastic racks for the bottles, now I have plenty of bottles for yeast storage.

My new 2 welded port 15 gallon SS mashtun with false bottom, thermo and ball valve from homebrewstuff.com.

Their clearance on these pots are ridiculous. I bought two, so I'll save you the post tomorrow.

12/05/13

I got my second 15 gallon SS pot with 2 welded ports, thermometer and ball valve from homebrewstuff.com.

lol.

One nylon pop fastener.
For $11, delivered.
Un-friggin'-believable.

Was supposed to be a bag of 40, used to attach the liner and seal to a chest freezer lid. Said lid to arrive Monday - the second attempt to have a brand new and undamaged appliance delivered to become The New Keezer and rightful successor to The Old Keezer. But that's a whole 'nuther story.

One lonely pop fastener, a whole 1/2" long.
Delivered by UPS.
In a tabloid sized padded envelope.
Still can't believe it.

Someone at appliancepartspros is so gonna catch a phone-call-load tomorrow...

Cheers anyway!

A CO2 regulator, manifold, and two ball valves. My Father in Law also brought me a 10 gallon pot with spigot port welded in. I'm halfway to a full 5 gallon boil and all grain. Just gotta get the cooler manifold built.

Kinda brew related...my alternator belt came in to fix my Probe tuner. Gotta by-pass the A/C compressor that's fubared anyway. finally be able to get around again. Which also means maybe some brewing supplies...

It was homebrewing christmas here today:
- 3 keg setup from keg connection
- Controller from still dragon
- plate chiller from Amazon
- Couple of valves from AIH
Element and other odds+ends coming in next week, going to be a busy couple weeks of vacation at the end of the year!

Two .5micron carb stones that I ordered yesterday from amazon. Not a bad way to part with $11.80!

Plug-In digital seconds timer. A wall timer with the feature to set it by the second rather than a one minute minimum. Used to control a humidification system.

from Austin Homebrew:

Black Friday $10 PET carboy (fell for the bait this time)
Raspberry Wheat kit (had to get something for the Mrs.)
2 cases of bottles (my current 2 cases are earmarked for Apfelwein that is filling my current carboy)

Wednesday, I got my two "Class 2" kegs from Beverage Elements and yesterday I got my digital scale. No more depending on a mechanical scale that may or may not be right (noticed that the paper strip with the weight had slipped when I went to put it away after the last use!)

Hasn't arrived yet but I can't wait til it does. 7 1lb bags of hops. Calypso, Centennial, Belma, Cascade, Amarillo, Citra, Galena.

I went a bit overboard...Whoopsie Daisy.

Just received the tiny, 20g scale I'll use for weighing water addition salts. No more guessing the salts by teaspoons.

Similar shipment for me! Got a 100g scale with good accuracy, a 100g calibration weight, and some calcium chloride

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar shipment for me! Got a 100g scale with good accuracy, a 100g calibration weight, and some calcium chloride

Did you buy this one, by chance? Because the 20g scale I just got yesterday turned out defective (and I just returned it to Amazon), I might be considering that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back