procrastination pays off again!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
This will probably make some of the automotive minded folks on here cringe... but I've been driving with my check engine light on for about a year now.

I had it scanned and it was an electrical fault on a shift solenoid. Caused the car to shift a little roughly, but that was it. Did some research online and found that folks getting this fault on my make and model of car found it to be a problem with the computer and cost them a buttload of money to get fixed.

Well, I had trouble budgeting the time and cash to have it done so I kept putting it off and putting it off since it didn't really cause me much trouble.

Last week, I get a letter from GM and it's a RECALL NOTICE for my EXACT problem! If I'd been on the spot and took it right it, it would've cost me an arm and a leg and now they're fixin' it for FREE BABY!!! :ban:

Here's to puttin' off problems until they solve themselves! :mug:

Yeah... I did the worst thing you can do in that situation and got the best possible outcome. Go figure. :D

Glad to hear it worked out. I doing the same thing with this lump.

(JK)

Back