Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy - Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They said they could it. We can have it delivered to Triangle Brewing Company in Durham. 918 Pearl Street. The brewer there also offered to place an order for us as well. It's a nice offer, but at this point probably more more than it's worth since we have a full pallet with North Country. Does that sound like it will work?

It works for me. If the delivery is prior to when we pick-up, can they store a pallet for a day or so? That was the good thing about the Greensboro location. I'll be out of the loop until late tomorrow afternoon, as my wife is having surgery in the a.m. Greensboro or Raleigh, just a few minutes difference for me. I hate to make a decision until everyone weighs in. But I need grain!

Yeah, I think that will be fine. I will just have to let them know. Just let me know when you order so I can give them an idea of the delivery date. Thanks Reel.

Yeah, I think that will be fine. I will just have to let them know. Just let me know when you order so I can give them an idea of the delivery date. Thanks Reel.

Good deal. Sounds like Durham it is. I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow sometime and pm everyone with my PayPal address. I'm hoping we can get it delivered by Friday of next week and perhaps pick-up on Saturday morning? Maybe we could have a pint at the brewery.....

I can accept delivery, but that means someone has to take 37 bags to Raleigh instead of 5 bags to Charlotte, doesnt make sense.

Yeah man, you and bull live waaaaaay out there. Close to Grandfather's Mountain aren't you?:D

Oh, I just thought of something....what if the delivery is during the workday on Friday when no one is available to off-load? That's something else to consider. With a dock delivery, they off-load with a fork-lift and it's done....Do you think the brewery help would be in for moving 42 bags of grain....on the clock?

Reel, I just talked with Rick the brewer at Triangle and he also deals with North Country so please make sure he doesn't get billed for our order since they already have his address in their system. I hope that is not a problem for us.
I'm sure they'd love for folks to be able to get a pint at pickup. We can work on that once we get the delivery worked out. I work close by and can sneak out on a friday typically if necessary.

Reel, I just talked with Rick the brewer at Triangle and he also deals with North Country so please make sure he doesn't get billed for our order since they already have his address in their system. I hope that is not a problem for us.
I'm sure they'd love for folks to be able to get a pint at pickup. We can work on that once we get the delivery worked out. I work close by and can sneak out on a friday typically if necessary.

Shouldn't be a problem. I have an account number, and that is what they invoice against. I can be there on Friday's as well. Looks like it's finally coming together.....

To everyone involved: I REALLY Appreciate all this effort. I'll gladly do absolutely anything I can. I work in Clayton, though, so Friday delivery could be semi tough unless it were in the afternoon. Otherwise, I'll do anything I can to help everyone out on this.

Ok. I've updated the spreadsheet to reflect the lift-gate surcharge per person. Please take a look at your orders to make sure they are correct. I'll pm everyone sometime today with my paypal info. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU INDICATE "GIFT" INSTEAD OF "PAYMENT" when using PayPal. Otherwise, I get stuck with a fee. As soon as I get all the money, I'll place the order. Thanks everyone, for your patience.

For those that live out in Clayton or Fuquay etc, I'd be more than happy to hold grain for folks till you can pick it up at my house. I only have half a sack in this order so I wasn't really planning on driving up to Durham but if there's enough of us out that way we should work something out. The party on the weekend of 10/10/10 would obviously make a great time to distribute the grain (especially if each sack was 10 pounds lighter from a brew session!).

I do have a small truck though so can honestly haul around 10-15 bags.

Bigdug where do you live? I don't need the 40L anytime soon so no worries. But you should just bring it over to the party :mug:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/grabass-raleigh-pig-pickin-brewgasm-10-10-10-a-194781/

I can accept delivery, but that means someone has to take 37 bags to Raleigh instead of 5 bags to Charlotte, doesnt make sense.

With regards to the guys in Charlotte, depending on when the shipment comes in I may be able to save you a trip. I am planning on going to the Charlotte Oktoberfest on the 25th so I may be able to bring your grain down with me and we can meet somewhere to make the exchange. We'll see once we find out when it will be arriving if this is possible. Figured I might be able to save you a trip to Durham if it works out.

I'm headed to the oktoberfest also, but I don't think that my schedule is going to permit me to pick up my bags that day. Unless, of course, it happens to be on Friday around 3 or 4; then I could help.

With regards to the guys in Charlotte, depending on when the shipment comes in I may be able to save you a trip. I am planning on going to the Charlotte Oktoberfest on the 25th so I may be able to bring your grain down with me and we can meet somewhere to make the exchange. We'll see once we find out when it will be arriving if this is possible. Figured I might be able to save you a trip to Durham if it works out.

Whoa! That is an awesome gesture. If that looks like it may work out, let me know and I will be more than happy to compensate you for your gas. I appreciate that....and Reelale for getting this together. :mug:

Devilish, we'll need to make sure we've got a way to split this grain. I think I've got enough Homer buckets for my halves...

Yeah, I bought some buckets too. One bucket for half a bag right?

I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it to the pickup location, though, unless it's sometime during the day Friday.

I'm still missing payment from Kirbster. If anyone knows him, can you please inform him? I've sent 2 pms and posted here. I don't want to hold this order up any longer, so if I don't hear from him by Sunday night, I'm gonna let other people in, or put bags back where people graciously reduced their order to allow more people in.

Order placed via phone. Said that it would ship on Tuesday and be in Durham on Friday. Just waiting for e-mail confirmation.

Just like last time the e-mail invoice is messed up. It's off by $82.19. I'll look at this, in depth, tomorrow.

So are we still on for a Friday delivery? Any idea on a time if so? I just want to let the guys over at Triangle know when to expect it and perhaps start coordinating a pickup time. Thanks.

Yes. It's still on. Just got the corrected invoice from NCM. Get this: Here is the corrected invoice - you will notice there is a bit of a difference in the grand total as each bags actual total weight is 55.125/lbs therefore the price per pound is multiplied by that weight.

I guess they count the weight of the bag... anyway it was $4.00 more, I've got it covered. They are supposed to ship tomorrow for delivery Friday. I'm sorry, but I don't have an exact timeframe. Based on the last buy, it was around 10:30 in the a.m. when they delivered, but this could be different. I have a flight out of RDU Friday evening, so I was planning on being at the brewery around 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. If it's not there by then, I'll have to make arrangements for someone to hold my grain until Sunday. Skeeordye, I'll pm you my phone number, just in case you need to contact me. Otherwise, I'll see whoever is there Friday afternoon.

Reelale, PM me with how you are handling these group buys. I can help you avoid future problems like that.

Sounds good. I'll email the guys at triangle tomorrow and hopefully sneak out at lunch friday. I'll take the spreadsheet with me and do my best to split the load if I'm there early.

WHO CAN PICKUP FRIDAY AND WHAT TIME? Sound off. I would prefer to not keep the grain there friday, as I am headed to charlotte saturday morning and will not be available to organize pickup.

To that end, I will bring the bags for the charlotte folks with me, unless you really want to drive to durham on friday. Not 100% sure of my plans yet for the weekend, but I should know later today (tuesday) and we can pm the details. Please let me know who can pickup friday. I really don't want to carry 40 sacks of grain home in the impreza. See you all soon.

Sounds good. I'll email the guys at triangle tomorrow and hopefully sneak out at lunch friday. I'll take the spreadsheet with me and do my best to split the load if I'm there early.

WHO CAN PICKUP FRIDAY AND WHAT TIME? Sound off. I would prefer to not keep the grain there friday, as I am headed to charlotte saturday morning and will not be available to organize pickup.

To that end, I will bring the bags for the charlotte folks with me, unless you really want to drive to durham on friday. Not 100% sure of my plans yet for the weekend, but I should know later today (tuesday) and we can pm the details. Please let me know who can pickup friday. I really don't want to carry 40 sacks of grain home in the impreza. See you all soon.

I'll be there for sure. Planning on around 3-4ish. And that's a nice thing you are doing for mikethepoolguy and bull, up Charlotte way. I think those are the only two that would have a really long drive.

Back