First Partial Mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pschof

Reaction score
Did it 6 weeks ago, or so. Popped one open now, and it is a real improvement. I don't have the space to do AG, and was worried that a PM wouldn't be enough to make much of a difference. But I did it mostly with Munich malt, and it gave it a really nice bready malty flavor that I can't get with extract alone. And it required little extra effort. Doing AG would be great, but PM is a really easy way for people without the space to make their beer better. PM it is from now on. :rockin:

No, it's not harder at all. The funny thing I have learned about brewing is that everything can seem overwhelming when you first hear it described, but then once you follow through with it, it is relatively easy. The first thing you hear about when you start looking into PM is "Converting starches to fermentable sugars using the grain's enzymes." I had one friend tell me that this sounded "dangerous." I thought it sounded complicated. In reality, it meant putting some grain in hot water for an hour.

Back