E/SE Nebraska Area Group Buy 08/2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to get the info on this. I'm not doing all grain yet but I'm planning on starting next year

From what I know, the plan is to do bulk-only sales, ie. full bags, at prices that are higher than group buys, but much lower than fully-stocked LHBS. This way it's not a competing biz w/LHBS, where you can still go get your specialty stuff and buy by the pound, etc.

Group buys can also be organized and I think there will be a lower shipping price than what we've been used to.

When and who do we need to pay?

You should receive an invoice via email with instructions on how to pay. You'll click a link that will take you to where the custom orders are. There will be your email address and total (items aren't specifically listed though, usually). Just add it to cart and check out.

Yeah I didn't see the email either... Either way, I'll keep an eye out for the invoice email and keep checking back here. Thanks again!

I'm also patiently waiting for the email. Thank you for making this happen again Tre.

Hey, my total looks right but I was hoping to double check it after hearing there may be some discrepancies. The trouble I am having is that I cannot log into the original link anymore to view/edit order. I'm assuming that's because it's closed, which makes sense to me. BUT, when I click my Cowtown total I don't get any details either.

I'm ready to pay, but I figure I should wait until my confidence is restored!

:mug:

Of the Omaha buyers, I can grab about 1600 lbs and you can grab it from me at my place

grupe said:
Of the Omaha buyers, I can grab about 1600 lbs and you can grab it from me at my place

That would be a big help. I have 6 bags on order and live in Millard.

Hey, my total looks right but I was hoping to double check it after hearing there may be some discrepancies. The trouble I am having is that I cannot log into the original link anymore to view/edit order. I'm assuming that's because it's closed, which makes sense to me. BUT, when I click my Cowtown total I don't get any details either.

I'm ready to pay, but I figure I should wait until my confidence is restored!

:mug:

Should be fine. I verified all totals with Cowtown. Here's what I Have for you:

2.5 bags $101.50 subtotal $10.41 shipping $111.91 total

If we can get these paid up today or tomorrow we should see Grain by Friday and pickup this weekend.

All of the Omaha people that want me to pickup up their grain, please email me the name you had on your order. Email address is paypaltech @ gmail dot com.

I will send you my address, but I live at 197th and Q.

I have emails from 5 people and will grab stofers as well. Anyone else? Can't wait to get some more grain. Hopefully on Sunday?

Bad news guys. Grain won't be here until next week. I turned in the order as soon as it was closed, and bugged the vendor the second we were all paid...not terribly happy about it, but my hands are tied.

Next group buy will be different, and I can guarantee that ;)

Bad news guys. Grain won't be here until next week. I turned in the order as soon as it was closed, and bugged the vendor the second we were all paid...not terribly happy about it, but my hands are tied.

That's cool. Thanks for everything you've done for this.

Don't sweat it Tre. It will arrive soon enough.
Thanks for your efforts.

Omaha guys, I still have a few bags of grain from guys I have not heard from. Not a big deal at all, I just dont want you guys to go without the stuff you already paid for. I have sent out a couple emails and I will post on here. Shoot me a pm if you need my email or cell number so we can get something scheduled.

Are you out already Tre? Lol, idk now I'm wishing i would have bought a few more.

I didn't even order much this last time. Was too busy spending money on some other things.

I'm ready to accumulate stuff whenever, though. We can just start with a rolling list and slowly see where it goes. I know there is the Omaha GB going on right now, or it was anyway, but there won't be another for 6 months thereafter, so we can start planning ahead for ourselves.

I didn't even order much this last time. Was too busy spending money on some other things.

I'm ready to accumulate stuff whenever, though. We can just start with a rolling list and slowly see where it goes. I know there is the Omaha GB going on right now, or it was anyway, but there won't be another for 6 months thereafter, so we can start planning ahead for ourselves.

I'm down for that. I'd say just keep it rolling until there is a pallet or two or three abd then just close it once a quota has been made. Just to ensure the cheapest shipping prices.

I would like to just make people aware of the new store open in Elkhorn. I am not exactly sure on their prices, by they looked pretty competitive if people need a bag or so to get by.

Subscribed. I'm about two or three months from starting all grain and might get in on a group buy if the wife doesn't throw too big of a fit. I'm in KC though but I have family in SW Iowa/SE Nebraska.

Guys, I will send an email out, but I cannot make these posts any more since I will now be the vendor submitting the order. If someone wants to take the info from the email and make a post here on HBT, be my guest.

Back