Craig's list score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just landed a 17.1 cubic foot chest freezer for $100.. :ban:
I will be bringing it home tomorrow (if I can find some buddies to help). Now, WTH am I going to do with it? I can't get it in my basment like I want to do, I may have room in the garage for it or I could just put it in my back garage. I just don't dont know.
If it ends up in the back garage I guess all I will use it for is cold fermenting and maybe store some brews in there but turning it into a kegerator is not going to happen, there is no way I'm walking back there every time I want a beer.

What do you guy think I should do with it?

You should crate it up and ship it to me:D I spent all day yesturday looking for a decent one off of craigslist for around $100. I would use it to ferment.:ban:

I think I'm buying this off of CL on monday. 75$.
perfect for lagering, kegging, etc.

0101090102010103002007062719a0b9e0b4d91d20bb005685.jpg

talleymonster said:
I think I'm buying this off of CL on monday. 75$.
perfect for lagering, kegging, etc.

0101090102010103002007062719a0b9e0b4d91d20bb005685.jpg

Oh yeah, I found one like that last week but I was not able to work out a time to pick it up so I let it go. :mug:

Forgot to post about the upright freezer we got for $100 bucks off craigs, it's the size of a full-size fridge... i gotta take a look and see how many Cubic feet it is (i think around 24ft).

DeadYetiBrew said:
Forgot to post about the upright freezer we got for $100 bucks off craigs, it's the size of a full-size fridge... i gotta take a look and see how many Cubic feet it is (i think around 24ft).
damn that's a big one. :rockin:

FSR402 said:
damn that's a big one. :rockin:

Yeah the only problem is i'm going to have to rig the crap out of it to be able to keg at some point because the coils are on the inside/ are the shelves... so i'll have to figure something out without messing with the shelves... but that's a ways away.... it's pretty nice.... I looked at the label it says 20 3/4 cu. ft... still a big'n

P.S. i finally got rid of the smell with some left over Columbus...

Back