Vaporizer PID?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercougarfalconbird

Reaction score
So my roomate just moved out and left his vaporite vaporizer.
I notice it has a temp control on it to heat up the tiny element in it. Is there any way for me to scavenge this for a PID like 120v controller?

vape.jpg

the stats on the bottom are 90v-120v
50hz-60hz
45w

Simplest way would be to hook the output up to a 110v controlled contactor.. such as the Auber CN-PBC402-120V if it does not cycle frequently... If you want to use an SSR, hook up a small DC power brick (anything between 3-32V) to the unit and power the SSR from it.

-mike

Vapes are not meant for use longer than 20 mins. Also the ceramic heating element is not very large. Do you have the whip that goes along with it?

Yea, I got all the stuff for it(though it needs a new....more heat proof tube)
It was fun, but I don't smoke as much as he did so I'da much rather somehow used the controller within. But I suppose its looking a bit out of the question.
It just looks so damn cool, I'd love to have HLT controller that looks similar(digital dial and nice blue lights and all)

Is it a glass on glass whip? You should clean it real good to make it legal once again and ill add It to my collection

the part that touches the element is glass with a screen and the bulb on the end of the tube is glass. The element feels like its glass/ceramic =P
I'd trade ya for brew gear :mug:

Back