What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Threaded lid and a plugged airlock = 6.5 gallon glass beer bomb!

Dimensions on a 6.5 standard glass carboy are roughly 20.5 inches tall. 12.5 inches wide.

These wide mouths are 12 3/8" wide and 17 5/8" tall.

seem to be pretty close width wise, and a advantage Height wise as you don't have a tapered neck to contend with.

Thanks I'll have to measure tonight

FermentNEthinG said:
I would love to make some serious amounts of pickles or Kraut in one of those. Hell even Kimchi!
You don't have crocks in NY?

It ain't Kimchi unless you bury it :mug:

Although if I brought Kimchi or Bibimbab into this house my wife might kill me. Last time we ate Korean she couldn't eat for a week afterwards.

Pfffffft Korean is the single greatest cuisine evveeerrrr!

There is this Korean BBQ joint right across the street from me... It is a freaking amazing hole in the wall. You get a tray of like 12 appetizers when you order. I think I know where I am having dinner!!

On the water this morning. All out of coffee due to some poor planning.

There is this Korean BBQ joint right across the street from me... It is a freaking amazing hole in the wall. You get a tray of like 12 appetizers when you order. I think I know where I am having dinner!!

On the water this morning. All out of coffee due to some poor planning.

Nice! I gotta go all the way to Lansing (1.5 hrs) to get good Korean. But my best friend is Korean and she has taught me a ton. Usually two or more nights a week is Korean dinner in my house

cheapest crock near that size would cost you over 150 bucks around here. (20L)

you can use this for 55 bucks with shipping and it is 5L bigger.

I'll stick with buckets for fermenting veggies. Does your mom put oysters in her kimchi?

Frankenwild.

image-4263250379.jpg

Marmalade on Toast!

ForumRunner_20131121_204325.png

Tempest/Brewdog collab.

Claims to be an orange pale ale, it has a load of bitter orange flavours in it and a really toasty malt flavour. It really tastes like marmalade!

Just what I needed, it's almost 9pm here and I'm still working...

bobmcstuff said:
Marmalade on Toast! Tempest/Brewdog collab. Claims to be an orange pale ale, it has a load of bitter orange flavours in it and a really toasty malt flavour. It really tastes like marmalade! Just what I needed, it's almost 9pm here and I'm still working...
Working? On what your beer review! I need that job:)

Deseeding a bunch of "Wonderful" Pomegranates, I made sure to clean up the purple spots, all over the kitchen, before SWMBO sees it and kills me. I wore a white shirt, and it looks like I murdered an alien, with pink blood. Also squeezed some poms, for a fresh cup of greatness.

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

Deseeding a bunch of "Wonderful" Pomegranates, I made sure to clean up the purple spots, all over the kitchen, before SWMBO sees it and kills me. I wore a white shirt, and it looks like I murdered an alien, with pink blood. Also squeezed some poms, for a fresh cup of greatness.

That is a messy job :) Did you use the wooden spoon method (which I found out about after I did the same thing a couple of months ago.) What are you using them in?

Damn it looks like you guys have good weather there. Its been raining since this morning when it was 36*, now its 30* and still raining. Needless to say, my car is covered in ice :( At least the beer I bought before work that was off the shelf was chilled by lunch time

Chilly but not too bad. High was about 48F today.

Back