I want something I can chug!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfPint

Reaction score
Alright, I've got some porter on tap right now and a brown ale bottled. In the primaries/secondaries I've got 5 gallons of porter, APA, Apfelwein, and graff. The Apfelwein is 4 months old and is ready to be kegged, but I think I'm going to do it still in wine bottles just because it's already got some age on it. I'd like to see how it is after a year or so (never had it last that long.)

I am a huge porter fan, but I find myself thirsty at the end of the glass. It's just not refreshing enough right now.

I'm planning on the APA being very pleasing, but it has another week before I'm going to keg it. The graff is only three days old and I find I like my ciders at least a month old. The other porter is 2.5 months old and is going out for Christmas presents.

I'm just ready for a drinking beer!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
J
:mug:

Sooo are you looking for something clean, crisp, and refreshing? Or something different. Check my signature link anyway. It may or may not be what you might want.

I'd shoot for maybe a 1.040 pale ale of sorts... like 90% base malt, 10% some sort of crystal malt (maybe aim for 6-8 SRM), and an IBU level of about 20-25. Ferment with Wyeast 1056 at the lower end of its temp range, carbonate to about 2.5 volumes of CO2, and have at it!

Sounds chuggable to me, anyway!

Cream Ale, Kolsch, American Amber, Ordinary Bitter, APA

Any and all of the above make great session beers. I try to keep something in these styles (usually APA) on tap at all times.

..........Natty!?

SLAP! :D

Try a Mild, Mine was very chuggable. Especially if you like porters and browns. It's up there with the malt spectrum but not too heavy to not drink a ton of it. Plus the 3-3.5% ABV works well for drinking it fast. Check out Orfy's. I plan on mkaing it to go with BM Cenetennial Blonde for New years.

Definitely an Ordinary Bitter ~ 3.5%. One of the best session beers around.

Milds are also great.

Centennial Blonde is very tasty and def chuggable (you actually can't help it...)

Ok, I admit it. I have chugged my Blonde before. Deal with it.

I just finished up a mild that I had. It was below 3% and certainly fit your terms of "chugable". I liked to sort of sit and enjoy it, but sometimes I drank it too quickly. What can you do?

Man, you guys wen crazy with this one. Thanks for all the good replies. I've been looking into that blonde for a while now and I think it's time to brew something like that.

I'll give you guys some updates. Right now I have all of those beers/ciders, so as soon as my pipeline starts to get a little low I'll be brewing some thirst quenchers.

I think more and more homebrewers are looking into session beers. I've long felt that wasn't much reason to brew beers I can basically buy at the supermarket. Living in the PNW, that's a lot of styles.

I think more and more homebrewers are looking into session beers. I've long felt that wasn't much reason to brew beers I can basically buy at the supermarket. Living in the PNW, that's a lot of styles.

What are some tried and true session recipes that you've brewed?

Back