Another did I ruin my batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popscube

Reaction score
I forgot to sanitize my wort chiller!!! I was busy with fittings and stuff and without even thinking I plopped it in. My only hope is that the wort was at 180 degrees. I am so bummed. Has anybody else done this and how did it turn out?

Well I know many of us never sanitize our chiller, since we're dropping it into boiling wort in the last 15 minutes of the boil....that will kill anything on it.

But more that likely likey your story will turn out like all the other "is my beer ruined" threads, and be perfectually fine. I betcha you never actually noticed that did you? :DThat their beers turn out fine about 95% of the time.

It really is hard to screw this stuff up....

People do all sorts of stuff, and still the beer manages to not lei us down.

Read thses stories I collected and see...https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/wh...where-your-beer-still-turned-out-great-96780/

Thanks,
I like reading about the mistakes. Beer is very forgiving it seems.

I bet it's even higher than this :D

Yeah...I think you're right, I usually say 95 to accound for the handful of threads of this type where the original poster doesn't return for an update. A high number of them do update that nothing was wrong.

Maybe starting Jan 1 I'll try to keep actual track somehow for a period of time, maybe 3 or 6 months. Try to track how many I respond too in that time and how many come out fine.

Latest posts

Back