Suggest a beer for this dish...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
please. I'm making Caramel Apple Pork Chops and I want to pair them with a good beer for a dinner party. Any suggestions on a side dish and beer style to pair them with? I was thinking a Saison like Hennepin.

Thanks!

OK when I think Carmel Apple I'm think tart Granny Smith Apples. Are these pork chops going to have a tart bite to them? or just a nice sweetness?

i know IPA's tent to pair well with Pork and Steaks....Maybe a Belgian?

OK when I think Carmel Apple I'm think tart Granny Smith Apples. Are these pork chops going to have a tart bite to them? or just a nice sweetness?

i know IPA's tent to pair well with Pork and Steaks....Maybe a Belgian?

Yes, tart apples and a sauce made with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Marinated in apple juice and soy and topped with crushed pecans.

I thought a Dubbel might go nicely.....

Not sure if I can get that by this weekend. I was thinking maybe Ommegang Abbey Ale. What do you think?

I have never had that before....Maybe I need to go on a beer quest this weekend as well! :mug:

I know the Westmalle (Dubble and Triple) is carried in our 'Market Square Liquor' stores here in Tallahassee....~10-12 for a 750ml bottle.

I think a lot of Belgians go great with food. I also served a spiced Scottish winter ale with gingery caramel apples once for dessert - it was a pretty nice combo.

Don't know where you are in PA, but if you can find any Insanity from Weyerbacher (they are out of Easton), that would be a great pairing. It is an oak aged barley wine that has an amazing carmel up front and a nice, buttery oak finish.

Don't know where you are in PA, but if you can find any Insanity from Weyerbacher (they are out of Easton), that would be a great pairing. It is an oak aged barley wine that has an amazing carmel up front and a nice, buttery oak finish.

I have had Insanity and that's a great suggestion. I don't think I can get it this weekend (I live in a rural part of NW PA) but I like the suggestion for next time.:D

I would say to go with a darker lager that is a little on the sweet side. Oktoberfest, bock, or maybe a schwarzbier.

Back