Decent events for the "home brewer"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HungLikeHood

Reaction score
So it would appear as though I posted here roughly a year ago with very little luck so I'll try again and see if some more people see this. Well my partners and I decided years ago that brewing would be a great thing to try to pursue but didn't really how little Maryland really had for us. We ended getting invited to a PA event and from there we realized we may have something good going on. We have done roughly 10 events in PA now and have had hundreds of people try our beer with great success but sadly we don't live in PA. We are Maryland boys and would like to do Maryland events and get our name out. We haven't gone for a new space or putting the money towards bigger and better equipment because of this. All the event coordinators of Maryland events that we have spoken to have said that they cannot have us there or the only thing is a contest that we could enter to give away our recipe and get maybe $50 or something like that. Just trying to find out if anyone knows of any decent size festivals that we could attend or something similar. PA events are great but would love to do some hometown events. Thanks

What kind of event do you want to attend?

Just any decent size events that is primarily for sampling. Not full glasses, the object is to taste not get drunk. Don't know if that helps. Not really sure what all to post on here for advice but appreciate any feedback. Thanks for the jest there lizard, you have helped most of all. This is why I can't stand forums, the childish responses from people rather than getting help.

Just any decent size events that is primarily for sampling. Not full glasses, the object is to taste not get drunk. Don't know if that helps. Not really sure what all to post on here for advice but appreciate any feedback. Thanks for the jest there lizard, you have helped most of all. This is why I can't stand forums, the childish responses from people rather than getting help.

Childish?
Let's get clear on this, which should not be my job, but yours.

You're opening a new thread with nebulous information about "decent size events" without specifying what the "event" you're looking for is or entails. "Event" is a very generic word, you know.

Looking at your profile, you posted this on March 23, last year:

My friends and I are trying to start up a brewery but can't seem to find events in Maryland where we would be able to let people try our beer. It seems like Maryland on has contests for home brewing...

Do you think everyone reading this thread is going to look back what you said over a year ago, or even yesterday, in another thread?

If you want to get somewhere you need to be clear and specify where you want to go.

So are you a registered commercial brewery or a homebrewer? If the former, you are on the wrong forum, this is for home brewers. If the latter, you cannot sell your beer or pour beer at regular commercial "tasting" events, such as Kegs and Corks, or the Annapolis Craft Beer Festival.

But there are "events" in MD where people can buy an admission ticket and taste homebrew. And yeah, the top prize is $50 or so.

Hey Hung, IslandLizard has 4300+ posts and 575 likes, why not just accept the sarcasm as part of getting "help"? Its sarcastic, yes, but labeling his remarks as "childish" doesn't really do anything to help you achieve your goal of attaining information.
Anyway, I believe what you are asking about is a homebrew fest; usually run for charity, where people buy tickets, sample homebrew and food, maybe there is music there, the proceeds go to charity? I'm aware of events like this in the Philly area. Homebrewers get a chance to pour their beer like they are a commercial brewery and get feedback, exposure and are able to socialize with other beer enthusiasts. I don't know if its legal to do this kind of event in Maryland. All the states have different laws. I would say the best thing to do is get involved with any brewing club(s) in your area, and see if you can get any interest in getting something like this going. If not, just keep going to the ones in PA? Can you make a short list of the ones you know about and put it on here? I'm in a homebrew club in the Chanbersburg, PA area, perhaps we could get a homebrew fest going there?
Hey, everyone is on here to help others, that's why I like this forum. So lets keep it positive, OK?

Back