IIPA from out of the States??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerjunky828

Reaction score
I bought a IIPA brewed in Scotland. BrewDog brewery. It is 9% abv and 100+ IBUs. It is called Hardcore IPA.

I was curious as to any of you good folks out there have had any IIPA that was brewed out of the US???

No. I think that most European's would poo-poo the American notion of Uber beer. It's probably seen as something that only we would do. I'd be curious to try one though.

Brewdog Were interviewed on a Sunday Session on the Brewing Network. It was very interesting. They were inspired by theAmerican craft brew movement to do some really "Out there" brews. They have even done a collaboration with Stone's.

Here is the link You might want to scan through all the mindless bullcrap until you get to the interview. ;)

Yeah, Brewdog is really going after the American styles. I met their brewer at a Brew Dog night here. Nice guy. He brought an IPA aged in barrels with strawberries that was pretty interesting, and another that was aged in barrels that had been tied to a fishing boat. You could taste a lot of interesting minerals from those barrels.

Yeah, Brewdog is really going after the American styles. I met their brewer at a Brew Dog night here. Nice guy. He brought an IPA aged in barrels with strawberries that was pretty interesting, and another that was aged in barrels that had been tied to a fishing boat. You could taste a lot of interesting minerals from those barrels.

Were they tied to that boat they took an IPA across the sea on to see how seaworthy ot was for ****zengiggles? Those guys have to be nuts in the good way. :D

I tasted the Hardcore IPA. It seemed a little green. Like all of the components of the beer could be tasted and then easily distinguished. I feel that a few more months and the beer would have been pretty decent. It was worth the shot. I read somewhere that they have drastically altered their recipe for their 2010 releases of this stuff.

Wouldnt Stone Ruination fall into this category?

What about DFH 120?

I know that Rogue offers an XS IIPA that I havent cracked yet.
They are all 'American' breweries arent they?
-Me

I tasted the Hardcore IPA. It seemed a little green. Like all of the components of the beer could be tasted and then easily distinguished. I feel that a few more months and the beer would have been pretty decent. It was worth the shot. I read somewhere that they have drastically altered their recipe for their 2010 releases of this stuff.

I'm not a big fan of their beer overall. That is pretty much how things are with them. The flavor and bitterness don't really seem to mesh well.

there are several brewdog beers available in the houston area..

other IIPA's from USA, flying dog has one.. oh hell i'm not gonna list them, there are many IIPA's from the states.

I think he meant from outside of the states, i.e. from a foreign country. I've enjoyed all of the Brewdog beers I've tasted, which are the Punk IPA, Hardcore IPA, Chaos Theory and Bashah (Stone colaboration.) I've got a bottle of Rip Tide (imperial stout) aging in my closet at the moment. Going to give that one a few months and see how it tastes.

Another awesome european brewery doing american style beers is Nogne O out of Norway. I've had their porter and their pale ale, both were excellent.

Back