Beginner's Question - Soda Syrup + Seltzer Water =?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xSpeaker

Reaction score
Hey all,

I decided to make a corny of soda water by just kegging tap water and hooking it up to a co2 tank. I figure that $1/gallon of delicious bubbles is totally worth it in between beers.

The question:
Would it be possible to make a syrup concentrate (I'm thinking ginger/citrus) and just add it to a glass of the soda water? I don't need 5 gallons of the stuff, but I figure that a glass or two would be refreshing on a hot summer day.

If yes: any pointers in the right direction [towards a good recipe] would be greatly appreciated.

If no: feel free to make fun of me for being a n00b.

Thanks y'all.

Figure 35-40 psi and 20' of 3/16ths line. I have a keg of soda water on tap all the time and use soda club and Italian (de Vinci) concentrates, as well as my own mixes.

There's a place in Lafayette, Indiana, McCord's Candies, that still dispenses sodas that way, even their Coca Cola is squirts of syrup followed by soda water.

Lafayette Indiana! Someone recommended Dog 'N Suds in Lafayette (or West Lafayette?). Dropped by there bringing my son to college - doing a drive from NWATL area up to Chicago. This year he drove himself, so no Dog 'N Suds rootbeer! :-(

Sorry to get offtopic. If you are in Lafayette Indiana, visit Dog 'N Suds and get a mug of rootbeer.

Back