what am I brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
My local brew shop set me up with some(3) experimental brews to understand what the hops do to the beer. The first is basic, 6 pounds of A. lite and 1 ounce of cascade hops 6.7% He says to boil the full 60 minutes and add some irish moss last 15 minutes of boil.

I can drink any commercila beer, but I am woried this might be too bitter, what do you think? and what the hell is "a lite" malt

Is this going o be like coors lite?

My local brew shop set me up with some(3) experimental brews to understand what the hops do to the beer. The first is basic, 6 pounds of A. lite and 1 ounce of cascade hops 6.7% He says to boil the full 60 minutes and add some irish moss last 15 minutes of boil.

I can drink any commercila beer, but I am woried this might be too bitter, what do you think? and what the hell is "a lite" malt

Is this going o be like coors lite?

You should probably quiz the guy who put the recipes together. :mug:

Rick

It is time you start studying up like the rest of us newbs.

Go to the recipe section and you should start to see how recipes kind of go together based on their ratios.

Lol I would imagine somewhat? I had the LHBS guy try and pull some crap like that when I told him I was new to brewing. He literally tried quizzing me right there in the store to see my level of knowledge. Luckily I passed.... I guess? Told him I am making and IPA and he actually let me! :confused: I appreciate his care and willingness to help but I told him I am not just jumping into this to 'make beer.' People get cocky is what I guess I am trying to say....?

O ya, and no, it will be fine if you like your 'mersh' beers as we say.... I say?????

Lol I would imagine somewhat? I had the LHBS guy try and pull some crap like that when I told him I was new to brewing. He literally tried quizzing me right there in the store to see my level of knowledge. Luckily I passed.... I guess? Told him I am making and IPA and he actually let me! :confused: I appreciate his care and willingness to help but I told him I am not just jumping into this to 'make beer.' People get cocky is what I guess I am trying to say....?

O ya, and no, it will be fine if you like your 'mersh' beers as we say.... I say?????

Well, if you're making an IPA, or want to, your recipe won't pass muster I'm afraid.

An ounce of cascade hops in a 5 gallon batch will not be bitter, so don't worry about that part! But it won't have any hops flavor or aroma either, or be like an IPA.

I thought they said hops were added at a liquification stage. this is 2 bags marked A. lite possibly Amsel llite. I dunno. 6 lbs is what reciept says, I tried calling to ask him , they are closed for the day. I guess i'll follow the directions and see what happens. I too didnt get into this to brew regular beer. I do want to experience the most simple recipes so I can get a good base and understanging. If I can create a batch that tastes as good as coorl lite I'm going to have the confidence to move forward to more exotic beers. One of my favorite beers is a japanese beer called Asahi. I can't find it around here anymore.

I thought they said hops were added at a liquification stage. this is 2 bags marked A. lite possibly Amsel llite. I dunno. 6 lbs is what reciept says, I tried calling to ask him , they are closed for the day. I guess i'll follow the directions and see what happens. I too didnt get into this to brew regular beer. I do want to experience the most simple recipes so I can get a good base and understanging. If I can create a batch that tastes as good as coorl lite I'm going to have the confidence to move forward to more exotic beers. One of my favorite beers is a japanese beer called Asahi. I can't find it around here anymore.

Light lagers like Coors Light are exceedingly hard to homebrew well. Maybe an "exotic" beer would be something much easier to conquer!

Back