Greetings from Dirty Jerz! "Consuming Local" got me brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grindMARC

Reaction score
My wife and I started a kick last year to try to only consume things that were local and sustainable. (Read Animal Vegetable Miracle). So far, the fuel for our car comes from the fryers of local restaurants; we started eating only meat from local farms; we make our own cheese and yogurt. And as of July, we brew our own beer.

I think my last batch was my 10th since July. All partial mashes so far.

In order... Weizenbach (via kit), Wit, 60-min IPA clone, Punkin Porter, freestyled pale ale, Imperial Stout, + 3 lagers in my sig.

This Friday night is our local brew clubs annual party. :ban:
Next month is our contest. I plan to enter the Imperial Stout.

That's the one!
Joe from Princeton Homebrew did me a huge favor and moved his store from Princeton to about 2 blocks from my house in Trenton. :rockin:

Awesome my wife and I have been trying to eat more sustainable as well, just started shopping at a cooperative a couple of months back. Didn't really start brewing because it was more sustainable as we have a lot of local breweries but when I think of it I guess homebrewing is about as local as you get. I'm on a big bread baking kick right now so that seems to go well with the sustainable lifestyle.

Back