Beer menu on the keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've always liked making labels for my beers but I've never actually used them or put them on the bottles. Now that I keg and have a dedicated fridge, I figured I could put something together. For display, I got those clear plastic sheet protectors and used double sided tape to put 8 of them on the lid of the keezer. I enjoy the creativity of making a label, but this is more of a menu for choosing which beer you want. Also, I no longer have time to design intricate labels. What I came up with is a standard format that I can use for every beer. It includes the vital numbers (ABV, IBU, and brew date), a flag for country of origin, and for those people who don't know styles very well and choose beer based on appearance, a picture. That way the BMC drinkers aren't surprised when they pull a pint of the irish ale and don't want to drink it because it is dark. Also, to the left of the beer name is how to find the beer in the keezer. Bottled beers have a circle and whatever is written on the cap goes there. Kegged beers get a tap number. Then I put a short paragraph describing the style and any history, the beer, any interesting ingredients, and maybe just a little self-praise. I've got this on a excel spreadsheet so I can whip it together in no time.

The current lineup top half:

And the only one so far retired:
untitled3.JPG

I like your idea a lot.... I'm thinking they might look great framed on the walls of a homebrewpub

I'm LOVING your idea!! I just put my keezer together and my solution to the problem was a chalkboard.
Ravens_Keezer1.JPG

I'm not sure how I'm going to implement it, but I'm so gonna shamelessly steal your idea. Thanks for posting!
:mug:

Well here's the excel file by PM request. I'll put it in both vista xlsx and the old xls format. The box in the top left is set to a font where the "O" is just a circle and that's how you get the cap symbol. The easy way to change out the picture but keep the border is to just right click the one I have and choose "change picture", or at least that's the best way to do it in vista. For the descriptions, I don't think anyone but me reads them, but I still like them. Maybe if someone came over who loved beer the way I do. I've just always felt that restaurants and even brewpubs don't give enough space on the menu to describe a beer the way they do a food menu item. I'll keep writing them and my friends will keep not reading them, and that's life I guess.

Flags.net for the flags

I can't believe this but I've never compressed a file for upload before. Hopefully it works. I had to delete the picture from the older version to get within file size limits.

View attachment Template_vista.zip

View attachment Template_97_2003.zip

I really like these. was thinking have you seen this years Morebeer catalog ? i kinda like how they added little bars for there beer kits. Since you are displaying these for people who may or may not know how bitter X# of IBU's are it would be cool to add something similar to yours. Just a idea..

hblonde.jpg

Damn nice keezer! Even though they embarrassed my team yesterday, it looks damn good!

Yeah, you're right.... My team embarrasses themselves.... Boy could I use a full keezer on Mondays!!!

thanks! I appreciate that! The best part is, that's in my basement... I finished my basement just so I could be downstairs and pull a pint without taking my eyes off the game.. heh, heh. (before I had to.. <gasp> .. run down the stairs real quick to draw a pint). no more! muhahaha.

Great idea with the labels -I grabbed the file (thanks!)
I've been trying to figure out a way of displaying my brews with a little label of some sort for friends who don't know one from the other, but enjoy learning. This provides an excellent solution.

I finally took a picture of how it actually looks on the keezer. I'm looking forward to having a house with a nice space for the keezer but for now it is out in the laundry room. Still, I'm pretty happy with how this concept is working out.
DSCF09651.JPG

DSCF09641.JPG

This is now posted on my keezer. For those not familiar with the style (that will be most of you) it is written in the style of the NATOPS emergency procedures that every naval aviator and student are VERY familiar with.

Empty_Glass.JPG

And an updated picture with the collar and faucets installed:

DSCF1016.JPG

I love the initial concept. I think if I ever do this, I'll also incorporate BigPete9000's suggestion of a bar style scale along with the actual measurement.

This will definitely be "on tap" when I get far enough along to get a keezer!

I combined the chalkboard on the wall concept into my lid. I used chalkboard paint and made the lid into a chalkboard. Now I just write what's on tap using chalk directly on the lid of my keezer. Works well because I am forced (by curious kids) to keep my keezer in the unfinished portion of my basement where mounting things to concrete walls involves a hammer drill and tapcon screws. Not something I want to do unless absolutely necessary.

keezer4.th.jpg

Back