Barley & Vine clones?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GravyTrain77

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a clone kit from them, specifically the Sorachi Ace or Sweetwater IPA? Both are beers i'd like to try and do but haven't heard much about the vendor

i did their sweetwater ipa and their summer ale kit. Both turned out great, good instructions and they are very responsive to email questions. The sweetwater IPA was not quite the same but was a very good IPA

Good to know. I had it visiting GA and really enjoyed it. Doesn't ship to Boston unfortunately.
Has anyone done the sorachi?

I just got a Green Flash Le Freak clone from them. Was interesting to see that all of the names of the ingredients are hidden and replaced with "Hop #1", "Hop#2", etc. Is this normal when ordering clones? Just curious because I assumed that the additional cost of the kit would include the actual recipe. I'm sure that it will turn out great but I think that I would rather experiment myself with recipes that I can find on here and in BeerSmith. I was really hoping to have the recipe so that I can work on variations of it but I suppose that these kits may be for someone that simply wants the exact beer that they want.

They are awesome! I stopped by the shop today. If you want the actually list of ingredients just ask them. They put hop 1 and hop 2 to make it easier on some brewers. They will give you the actual recipe if you email them. If you have a chance to get there they run a nice shop. Its loaded with homebrew stuff!

Back