DFH Bitches Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PassionBeer

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed but I didn't find a thread.

Did anyone get their hands on any bottles of Dogfish Head's Bitches Brew yet? I was lucky enough to grab 5 bottles. Two for me, two for a friend and one for another. They're going for ~$15.

Anyone else?

I looked this weekend, only to find out that it's not available in the state of Texas. Something to do with TABC labeling laws. I've been waiting months for this brew and now I find out I can't get it.

Has anyone been able to find this down south yet? I've got family looking in Louisiana but trying not to get my hopes up.

I acquired two bottles from Habersham Beverage in Savannah. They received one of the two cases for southern Georgia. The other case went to The Distillery, a craft brew pub with great hamburgers.

i would love to try this just so i can keep the bottle. i was bummed out when i saw this beer because im a big miles davis fan and actually planned on brewing a beer one day called bitches brew and now the names taken, but still freakin' awesome that dfh did this. glad to hear that it taste geat.

yikes, i can pick them up all day long here in Columbus, OH for $8.99+taxes, about the cheapest of their 750ml bottles I've seen. Drank one and two for the cellar.

it's pretty tasty. some of their Ancient Ale 750ml bottles start to push the boundary where I don't care for them (Theombroma and Sah'tea in particular), but this one was very tasty. drank it last night with some baby back ribs i grilled out HERE and it was a great pairing.

good stuff. got three growlers at whole foods in northern va for about $45. I went to "happy hour with sam" in baltimore during craft beer week there and he mentioned that they will release it again around the same time the episode of "brewmasters" featuring the beer airs.

I watched the show lastnight and bought a bottle of it today! Cost me $12.12 at Whole Foods. I love the name!
It taste pretty good but has a strong after taste that I really dont like.

I looked this weekend, only to find out that it's not available in the state of Texas. Something to do with TABC labeling laws. I've been waiting months for this brew and now I find out I can't get it.

Has anyone been able to find this down south yet? I've got family looking in Louisiana but trying not to get my hopes up.

Thanks for the heads up, I was about to start searching my local shops here looking for it.

I grabbed the last 3 off the shelf a few weeks ago. Selfish of me I know but it was sooooo good. I did the same thing with Theobroma last night

I got to try a few at the DFH "beer for brains" event here in Phoenix back on Oct 2nd, it was pretty tasty if I recall. I hope I can get a couple to put away for later.

That's the problem, they only made two batches, TMK. One back for release in September and one for release now, in conjunction with Brew Masters. Grab it while you can...

That's the problem, they only made two batches, TMK. One back for release in September and one for release now, in conjunction with Brew Masters. Grab it while you can...

My local store told me he expects a shipment in "the first week of December."

Hey Revvy, I was told we will not see it in Michigan because it has "*****" in the name. Not sure how accuate that is but this is from a guy who is very willing to order a beer for you if he does not have it in stock and can get it.:drunk:

Hey Revvy, I was told we will not see it in Michigan because it has "*****" in the name. Not sure how accuate that is but this is from a guy who is very willing to order a beer for you if he does not have it in stock and can get it.:drunk:

I dunno how much I belive it. Maybe in some conservative communities. But most of the beer stores around me carry Arrogant Bastard.

But in this crazy world, who knows.

Wow, that's pretty ridiculous.

:confused:

Kind of Blue is my favorite Miles Davis Album. And that is the way the Michiganders are feeling. Here's my score (called ahead to local store and they held them for me!)

Bitches_Brew.JPG

On a whim, went to my local brew store and got myself a bottle.

Great dark head, nice aroma, thick and tasty. Enjoyed it, but for
some reason was expecting a bit more from it. Maybe watching how
it was made gave me greater expectations. Still a pretty good brew.

I just scored a bottle last night at my local Liquor Barn I have yet to try it, but they had 4 more. but at $8 a pint I only opted for one bottle for the time being.

-=Jason=-

I dunno how much I belive it. Maybe in some conservative communities. But most of the beer stores around me carry Arrogant Bastard.

But in this crazy world, who knows.

Ha Ha Revvy this is a crazy world. Just saw this post get new life and saw you posted earlier this month about the Bitches. This is the same info I got "Can't sell it in Michigan" You can however buy the Miles Davis album of the same name in stores. You can buy all the Bastard you want whether it is Arrogant or Dirty. You can buy Bierbitzch but sorry no beer with the name *****. I guess some uptight woman in MI made a complaint awhile back.

Back