Getting a table top tilting Kettle for free.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arneba28

Reaction score
I am getting on of these for free through work. We ordered a new one and the old one still works. So I called dibs. Anyone know if home gas pressure will be enough to run this bad boy or would I need commercial gas pressure?

that is sweet! very jealous! haha. Not sure the answer to your question but guessing someone will know it pretty soon... they always do.

That thing is pretty awesome, you were extremely lucky to get your hands on it, especially for free! Make sure you post up some pics and let us know how it works once you get it all set up.

well I am getting it tomorrow. Hopefully, after I check around a bit I can see how much it will be to have the line installed for it. If the line is too expensive I will end up taking this to the scrap yard and getting in the range of 200$-$300 for it. Then I just buy a larger kettle and a new burner. But I would love to have this hooked up and running by the late fall.

well I am getting it tomorrow. Hopefully, after I check around a bit I can see how much it will be to have the line installed for it. If the line is too expensive I will end up taking this to the scrap yard and getting in the range of 200$-$300 for it. Then I just buy a larger kettle and a new burner. But I would love to have this hooked up and running by the late fall.

No way would I scrap it out.

No way would I scrap it out, sell it as the money made will buy you a complete brewery, think before you jump! Hell I would buy it if it weren't for the unknown shipping bill from the full right coast to full left coast.
I would ask around for a friend to pipe it in for you, contractor labor alone would be way over the top not counting materials. hell I have power threaders i'd do it if you were closer.

You should have no problem getting it tied into your home gas piping and should have more than enough supply volume/pressure to run it. Any idea on where you'll be setting it up? Can you trace out your gas piping from the meter throughout the basment? Take a look for 1" or 3/4" piping and see where you have valves, unions, capped tees, ect. At worst case you should have a dirt leg at each piece of equipment that should consist of a valve, tee, stub of pipe below the tee and a cap on the stub. you could remove the cap, add another tee & valve to your kettle, then another stub below the tee and cap to recreate the dirt leg.

l_SCP_150_12.jpg

All else fails on my next trip to Buffalo we could discuss options over a few samples.

Or I'll trade you my 6 gallon electric one....

Yeah its going in the garage. and its a straight shot from one side of the house to the other from the meter to where its going in the garage. So it shouldnt be too much of a problem

Keep it, Keep it Keep it! You will rewarded with a little piping then good to go as it's needed anyway if you started another gas brewery. Again congrats on a great find you lucky dog. I'm just proud of my free Craigslist find the $3,100 FrameSquare a special one purpose picture frame miter saw. I ran out of wood playing with it LOL! Your find is so cool i've sent pictures to friends all of them are surprised. You must hand out plenty of home brews they will apreciate you for what they gave you. Build on.

If it doesn't work out for you PLEASE don't scrap it. I'm in Lockport a good bit and I'd take it off your hands for you for sure. When you do get it hooked up though you'll have to let me come by and see it in action. :mug:

Back