First year cascades cones!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick500

Reaction score
It's a beautiful thing...

8500ea97.jpg
869301b1.jpg

Looks good Rick. My 1st year cascades are just starting to bud. I also have 1st year centenials that have no buds at all. HAPPY BREWING

did you plant those hops in the forest?! looks like a cool backyard. my first year cascade just started to bloom here in so-cal. looks like ill be able to get enough for an ipa! have fun.

That's the woods behind my backyard in the background. :)

I have 3 first year cascades, 1 came up and is at about 11 ft and that is all I have for it, I am going to try to make it go sideways. I has quite a bit of cones on it and my only hop to produce so far. I hop to get some out of my chinook as it is looking promising and maybe some willamette but they are only about 6-7ft right now.

P1050064.JPG

I have 3 Cascades and one Chinook... the Chinook is the most vigorous plant. Bigger leaves, thicker bines, grew faster, more burrs. But the Cascades are catching up quickly. They're growing faster now than the Chinook currently is.

My cascade has first year hops, maybe 1/8 oz, but they are lacking in aroma, there is another round forming as we speak that looks more promising.

They're back! The cascades (now second-year) have sprouted! (And so have the Chinook.) :ban:

I'm expecting big things from them this year. :)

778e2757.jpg

Back