List of beers with swing-top bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to Birreria in Eataly (Manhattan) last Sunday, and while I had a couple of good cask ales (Gina and Nicoletta), SWMBO had a pretty good Grado Plato Chocurrubica. I took the bottle home.
chocarrubica_piccola.jpg

Lavery Brewing Limited Edition Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Porter. Brewed in Erie, PA. Wish I could get more of those. Best Swingtop beer I had, besides the Rogue XS series.

HolidayPorter.jpg

Tonight I had Neuschwansteiner Bavarian Lager. Schloss Neuschwanstein, Mad King Ludwig, The Swan King's Castle, is on the label. Great tour as a kid.
beer-review-neuschwansteiner-bavarian-lager-L-27ve_d.jpeg

I have four Schwelmer bottles and one Fischer. I should get more of those, my name is actually Fisher. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

There was a sale at my local grocery store on these french sparkling lemonades that come in 750ml swing tops. 99 cents a piece. Got myself about 40 of them :ban:

The stuff is called Bellot. Keep an eye out for it. These bottles work great for wine as long as you cellar them and keep them out of the light.

Last night I had a Green Jack Baltic Trader Export Stout in a 25.4 oz swing top.
The beer shouted that it was 10.5 ABV, and then mentioned that is was a stout. Ratebeer has it as 97 overall and 63 for style. Yep, ABV shouting.
bottling-baltic-trader

I hope this video link works.
Bottling Baltic Trader

I collect these bottles, too, so I always keep my eye open for them.

I will add Pelforth Brune to the list. They come in 22 oz bottles like Fischer, and they taste better, too imo. Unfortunately, I've never seen them outside of France.

I found these at Trader Joe's last night. 750ml Ginger beer $2.99
15732215927_c4aeea4bf9_b.jpg

Hi Guys,

I know this isn't the for sale thread, but if anyone is interested in purchasing some of these swing tops, I have some available. I'm located in Connecticut and may be willing to trade/sell.

Private Message me if interested...

wstbrewing

I found these at Trader Joe's last night. 750ml Ginger beer $2.99

15732215927_c4aeea4bf9_b.jpg

That's not ginger BEER, it's ginger BREW. It's a triple ginger ale. I got a bottle the other day and told the clerk that I wanted it for the bottle, not the contents. She went in the back and got me 3 more empties from the samples that they were giving out.

That's not ginger BEER, it's ginger BREW. It's a triple ginger ale. I got a bottle the other day and told the clerk that I wanted it for the bottle, not the contents. She went in the back and got me 3 more empties from the samples that they were giving out.

Nice score on the empties. Judging by the sediment in the bottle, this is a ginger beer. At least in the same sense that a root beer is a "beer". Either way, the "brew" is good, and its in very nice bottles on the cheap. :mug:

Cheers,

I struck out looking for some last night. I may just end up buying a dozen EZ Cap, but to add to the thread. Flensburger bottles in 330mL swing tops. Their Dunkel isn't bad. It's been a while but they were reasonably priced last time I got one.

There was a sale at my local grocery store on these french sparkling lemonades that come in 750ml swing tops. 99 cents a piece. Got myself about 40 of them :ban:

The stuff is called Bellot. Keep an eye out for it. These bottles work great for wine as long as you cellar them and keep them out of the light.

Aldi has a carbonated lemonade in the summer months ( about 2.49ea) and in the fall they stock a carved spiced cider in brown 16 oz swingtops. The price is a little less than a new swingtops from my LHBS.

Check Craigslist for flip top or swing top bottles. I have some for sale but I'm in pa.

Flensburger 11.2 oz brown
Meistersteiner 16 oz brown (hefeweizen is delicious)
I think ive gotten Weihenstephan in 16 Oz brown

The best way that has worked for me is talking to the employees at distributors and asking if they have swingtop returns that I can purchase.

Every distributor I go to has them put aside for homebrewers. Sometimes free, sometimes for a small fee. Sometimes a trade of a little homebrew.

I've probably gotten 500+ that way.

Today I aquired 36 brown 16 Oz hacker-pschorr limited edition festbier returns for $3.60.

2016-01-26 20.05.20.jpg

The best way that has worked for me is talking to the employees at distributors and asking if they have swingtop returns that I can purchase.

Ingleside Village Pizza in Maccon saves swingtops for homebrewers at no charge. So check with the restaurants that y'all frequent.

Would anyone be worried that those bottles are not designed for beer level carbonation?

Back