Dogfish head 90 Minute Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elgee

Reaction score
I Gita dogfish head 90 minute clone kit from Farmhouse Brewing Supply, which is based on the recipe found on HBT a few years ago. Staring Gravity was 1.087, after a week in primary it is at 1.020 (fermented at 65 degrees). After first taste, it is spot on to the commercial version. Not sure if it will drop anymore, been at 1.020 for a few days. I'll be dry hopping in 2 days. So far it is a bit sweet like I remember it, wondering if it will drop anymore? I'm fermenting it in a Ss Brewtech 7 gallon Cronical and Ftss. Probably will dump the yeast in 2 days (used white labs 007). Anyone have experience with the gravity dropping after yeast dump? I expect maybe 1-2 points will drop at most?

You should still get a couple more points drop. You probably won't get it with the yeast dump because the yeast doesn't get roused like it does with racking. I'd suggest gently stirring now (get the yeast back into suspension) and raising the temp to 70 to try to get there before dumping the yeast. You often have to rouse and warm English yeasts to get full attenuation.

Back