Tower of Power Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trillium

Reaction score
I was looking at getting a Blichmann Tower of Power Gas Rims controller, but they are not available in Canada because it is not certified by the Electrical Safety Authority. Last I heard they have no plans on getting it certified, so I thought I would build my own clone. I kept the design as simple as possible by keeping everything at 120v. Major components include:

Auber instruments SYL-2342 PID Controller
Fenwal 120v series 35-70 ignition controller
120v gas solenoid valves.

Here is a drawing I made.

image.jpg

Thank you for posting these drawings, they are great! I have been working on a similar project and this will help me with my build. The one area where I have been having issues is finding an electrode to go with the igniter module. What did you end up using on this project? I found that I can buy the Blichmann part but figure there must be other good options.

I just used a standard Standard spark and sense Fenwell electrode. It has two wires, one for spark and one for the ground. The Blickmann electrode is basically the same, except they use one electrode and ground to the burner instead.

Thanks, strangely the Blichmann option seems less expensive than what I assume is the same electrode sold under the Fenwal name.

Back