There's a Woot-Off Going On Right Now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yah, normally it's one deal per day, and when it sells out, that's it until next day at midnight. A woot-off is something they do once in awhile where once one thing sells out, another pops up in its place until the decide to call the woot-off off.

Ah, a fellow wooter. (And a fellow Evan, to boot.)

I've never snagged a BOC yet, but maybe today will be my day...

hmm...think they'll have anything we could use for brewing? thermometer possibly, maybe scale. probably not...

rarely do i see anything i truly need on woot, but i occasionally check it out.

(those guys must make a ton of money)

DeathBrewer said:
(those guys must make a ton of money)

From their website:

"Woot.com is an online store and community that focuses on selling cool stuff cheap. It started as an employee-store slash market-testing type of place for an electronics distributor, but it's taken on a life of its own. We anticipate profitability by 2043 – by then we should be retired; someone smarter might take over and jack up the prices. Until then, we're still the lovable scamps we've always been. But don't take our word for it: see what the online community has to say at this Wikipedia article."

Cheesefood said:
From their website:

"Woot.com is an online store and community that focuses on selling cool stuff cheap. It started as an employee-store slash market-testing type of place for an electronics distributor, but it's taken on a life of its own. We anticipate profitability by 2043 – by then we should be retired; someone smarter might take over and jack up the prices. Until then, we're still the lovable scamps we've always been. But don't take our word for it: see what the online community has to say at this Wikipedia article."
huh...i'll have to read that later. i wouldn't think it would take a very large amount of employees to run it.

BierMuncher said:
I’ve been looking for a good pair of high quality headphones to replace mine at work.
Hurry up and buy them, I want to see what the next woot is. hehe

I just showed this to one of my co-workers. His response? "My favorite site is ratemypoo.com"

Don't go there. Apparently it iss what it says it is (to paraphrase Denny Green).

Yup. That was weak. Oh well. I'll take solace in my comically oversized headphones I got in the last one.

http://wine.woot.com/ This link is on www.woot.com, but you might miss it. Good wines/deal/prices occasionally, and often some limited release stuff. The good thing is if know zilch about wine you can look at the forum where they discuss the current woot, people say good/no-good/taste/etc.

Latest posts

Back