VA group bulk grain buy #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the effort Matt. Too bad it didn't work out.

The brew shop in fredericksburg offers bulk buys and has good prices, maybe we can get some through there and share the cost for one person to pickup? We wouldn't need a full pallet either. I would be willing to go pick it up and the delivery cost per bag would probably be cheaper than $6.

Anyone interested?

I'd be into that if that's what it comes to.

I didn't make it to Shenandoah Valley Brewing yesterday but need to go sometime this week before I brew next weekend. So I'll report back.

And yes, thanks Matt for your efforts. Too bad it didn't work out.

I sent a message to the F'burg brew shop owner for some more info.

Hogwash, how many bags do you want?

Is anyone else interested in participating if this works out? The terms would be the same as what Matt offered. Pre-payed, delivery/driving costs split up per bag. I would probably have to pick up on Saturday and don't have room to store it so everyone would have to get their bags on Saturday.

I talked to the guy in Staunton yesterday. Said he'd give me a 50# sack of Briess 2 row for $60 which is a whole $2.50 off what you would pay if you bought it by the pound...

im interested in 2 sacks of pale malt for the next group buy. i live in clifton forge va, but can probably make a trip on a weekend.

im interested in 2 sacks of pale malt for the next group buy. i live in clifton forge va, but can probably make a trip on a weekend.

You're going to want to back up and read the thread. Doesn't look like there's going to be anymore group buys.

So has anyone found somewhere LOCAL to Charlottesville or the Shenandoah Valley that has good prices on bags of grain? FWIW, I would rather pay a little higher price per bag, yes I know the briess prices went WAY up but the others aren't so bad, and do a group buy than pay 1.25+ per pound. Anyone?

If you guys want to get in on my DC area group buy, you can. I will probably need to limit you to around 12-15 sacks total per buy as that is all I could fit in my vehicle. Your pickup point would be Afton mountain, where my mom lives. I would drive it down when I visit her. Probably the earliest I can do the next one is after Memorial Day, though there is a SLIM chance I could get one done before May 11. If you are in Waynesboro, Charlottesville, or Staunton you are pretty close. Since I drive through the Hook, I could probably meet Cville folks at Barracks Road or someplace convenient on my way through town. PM me if you are interested.

I am selling some grains! I have the following and can deliver to Charlottesville on Tues or Thursday. Or Harrisonburg on Monday or Weds.

50 Lbs of Pacific Northwest Pale Ale Malt $48
50 Lbs of Pacific Two Row Malt $48
29 LBS of Marris Otter Fawcett $35
14 lbs of Pilsen $15
24lbs of Pacific 2 row $22

Back