The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does have a hook. I've used the hook and 15 feet of chain to pull more than one Ford or Chevy to safety.

I do have to say, other than a half dozen or so VW bugs I owned in the 70-80's, this is my first non-American vehicle. I'm pleased and will buy another when this one dies in another ten years or so.

Edit to add, I don't like the latest upgrade. Are you listening Keith? We KNOW you lurk here.

I'm going to beat the crowd to this one.

Da Fuq? I fit into a f/ing Tundra.

How tall are you?

I have the problem of when I put the seat ALL the way down, in my wife's 4Runner, (same size inside as a Tundra) my head hits the damn ceiling when I drive down a bumpy road. Or over Steelers fans.

They don't make good roads.

How tall are you?

I have the problem of when I put the seat ALL the way down, in my wife's 4Runner, (same size inside as a Tundra) my head hits the damn ceiling when I drive down a bumpy road. Or over Steelers fans.

They don't make good roads.

How tall are you? BigJohn drives a Ford Edge and he fits just fine.

Why do they include the drain hose but not the fill hoses with a new washing machine?

Somebody at the factory sat back and said “We can include both and save them a trip to the hardware store or we can include neither and increase our profits by $2.00 per unit. I’ve got an idea, let’s just include the drain hose. Without a hose clamp! That way we look like we’re taking care of the customer but in reality we’re screwing with them.”

That's so when the inline leaks or breaks and water is everywhere they aren't responsible. And yeah it's lame, we pay $400 or more for a new appliance then get hosed for the parts needed to install it.

Having had to deal with my mom's rather large center entry colonial after a washer hose burst I highly recommend an easily reachable single lever dual valve shutoff for the washer and steel braided hoses.

What a fricken' nightmare that was...

They actual sell a timer shutoff. Start your wash, hit the timer and it will shutoff after a set time. Then again it's another point of failure that you probably have to replace after a year.

Then again you can buy a sensor for your connected home that could shutoff your water main once it senses water.

I guess if you have the money to build a nice big pizza oven and have a backyard yacht you can replace your water hose more frequently, moneybags.

I‘d be willing to loan ya the ten bucks. Aww. Wtf, I’ll give ya the ten bucks.

Edited...

Nah.... forget what I just said. But call me and we can discuss interest rates.

Last edited:
They actual sell a timer shutoff. Start your wash, hit the timer and it will shutoff after a set time. Then again it's another point of failure that you probably have to replace after a year.

Then again you can buy a sensor for your connected home that could shutoff your water main once it senses water.

Is that kind of like the waterproof doors on the Titanic?
‘Sure, the water might flood a few compartments but it’s bombproof! You’re gonna love it!’

Nope. Just a little bit of water on the floor and the main valve will shut off immediately. If you have a sump pump you could put it there.

aaaand my aunt just got back from vacationing in New Zealand to a basement full of water.

Funny you should say that Sire, I have already stayed in the pit known as Cleveland twice, and it truly was miserable. Imagine traveling to Ft Lauterdale for a cruise having to change planes in said city, to find snow and cancelations. Brrr, the crappy hotel the airline paid for had no restaurant and limited TV for Mr Merry. We walked in our spring attire through the snow for sustenance and libations of which there was mostly dilly dilly pisswasser.

The Mistake on the Lake. Remember when Oil Can Boyd said "That's what happens when you build a ballpark next to the ocean." after getting fogged out at the Jake. When Oil Can Boyd can dis you and not even know he's doing it, it's time to make radical changes.

I must confess, that both times I did not get out to see the city. The first time I was also on the outskirts stopping for the night and dodging a creepy truck driver my first time driving to Nebraska. He had a smell all his own too. :rolleyes:
C is a different world. Good people, beer and food can be had. It does have it's own smell so to say.

Yeager “just can’t understand” why Jim Koch got a restraining order.
IMG_1425.jpg

I say the reason is self evident.

Back