Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BargainMugs said:
I'm noticing a strong Bleeding Cowboys font trend in home brew labels.

I'd say the grungy flourish fonts are being over-used in all sorts of markets from brewing to the recording industry.

Cricket Pitch English Summer Ale

cricket_pitch_label.jpg

Tank Buster Apricot Pale Ale
tank_buster_label.jpg

eknee said:
Cricket Pitch English Summer Ale

Tank Buster Apricot Pale Ale

I feel like the sky in the background of cricket pitch should be a muted green color in spirit of your tank buster label. Love the tankbuster one.

Well here is my homage to my Sierra Madre brew from Northern Brewer....I used Microsfot Publisher....I suck with Inkster, photoshop, and pretty much everything else it appears.....I would love to know how you all that are doing it are putting the scanner thingies on the labels.....

Oh I should mention this is supposed to be able to wrap around a 12 ounce bottle....

Sierra Madre.jpg

Here are my three that I will be putting on my bottles: A Pumpkin Ale, a Vanilla Chai Porter, and a Blueberry Blonde Ale. I made the brew logo on the left, haven't made an official logo yet with writing. Will probably be named Luna Brewing Co. after my doberman (as seen in the logo):

Vhwpp.jpg

Hd6hu.jpg

hUOJ3.jpg

Amazing, XJ. I love vector art on labels.

Bleeding Cowboys is all over the place... Guilty of overusing it on my stuff too.

I used photoshop to make my lable image. In looking at all of these labels I can see that they might have been made on a lable program. What do you recommend ?

cid:13D59336-7F9E-46AF-ABC3-EA0FABFC72F2/GasHouse%2520HooliganLogo.jpg

Hello everyone first post to this website! I'm still pretty new to brewing but love everything so far! Heres my first label came up for my next brew (just a draft did it in hour). Thoughts?

Amber brew.jpg

Very nice! Good use of color and negative space. Many labels on this site are too crowded and busy.

Here's mine. Screen printed and handcut by me. I also screen labels for a local nanobrewery/cafe. Want to keep it as DIY as possible. Same label for ea. Batch, just different color scheme to differentiate ea. Style. Back label (not pictured) is a more open and upside down version of the triangle with space for bottling/abv notes etc... Also not pictured is a round decal (for capped bottles) looks really cool.
Cheers!

image-3732001513.jpg

image-2226057299.jpg

image-3672027512.jpg

Thanks! anyone recommend somewhere to get 50 colored labels printed for very cheap?

Welcome to HBT!

Couple of common options:

1) a premium output on your inkjet, then Kinko's color copies (they're laser, so won't run)

2) output onto decent paper on your inkjet, then seal the inks with a spray of clear Krylon.

Glue with milk or a glue stick.

Welcome to HBT!

Couple of common options:

1) a premium output on your inkjet, then Kinko's color copies (they're laser, so won't run)

2) output onto decent paper on your inkjet, then seal the inks with a spray of clear Krylon.

Glue with milk or a glue stick.

Just to amplify - the inkjet printed labels will run if they get wet. If you intend to just put them in the fridge, you won't have any problems (or at least I don't). If you want to throw them in a cooler with ice, then they will run all over.

Here's mine. Screen printed and handcut by me. I also screen labels for a local nanobrewery/cafe. Want to keep it as DIY as possible. Same label for ea. Batch, just different color scheme to differentiate ea. Style. Back label (not pictured) is a more open and upside down version of the triangle with space for bottling/abv notes etc... Also not pictured is a round decal (for capped bottles) looks really cool.
Cheers!

Very nice! I definitely like the 'less is more' approach.

Awesome layering! You could up the opacity on the batch no. and bottle date to fight against the fade out in the bottom corners. Love the steampunkish designs!

copperroadale.jpg

wallpaper-65123457.jpg

These are our latest label. I think my wife does a great job with these, she uses a program called GIMP2 and loves it.

Thanks. We're definitely having fun with the Steampunk stuff. These are our standards.

E.L. Cobbe's No. 4 Oil
Lenora Wickham's Garden Ale
Constable's Cup Brown Ale

Just messing around with Photoshop, which is something totally new to me. Not sure on a brewery name yet, but might do something like this.

I need your feedback!

zn9c3c.jpg

Back