Gift ideas - from homebrewer to a homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kunstler

Reaction score
I'm a home-brewer - obviously since I'm on here. My girlfriend's father is also a home-brewer. He's been brewing for years and pretty much has every gadget you could think of and them some I didn't even know existed.

What can I get him for christmas?

I don't want to get him a gift-certificate to the LHBS or pint glasses (he seems to get those every year from at least 1 person) Last year I designed a logo for his brewery and made a t-shirt with it on it. He thought it was the bee's knees since it was something he never got before in all the years he's been brewing.

What can I get him? I've been thinking for about 2 months now and nothing comes to mind.

how about some of your homebrew? I usually make up a batch I give out for presents at Christmas. Last year it was cider. This year its a RIS.

I like the book "Froth" by mark denney. its the science of beer, even though as far as brewing goes, hes rather careless (pitching before letting the wort cool enough). But its a real fun read on brewing. Maybe that could be a part of the gift or something. not a huge book, so possible stocking stuffer.

get him that Austin Homebrew Supply bottle opener/jump drive.

The coolest, most worthless invention yet - but on my Christmas list :D

I like the idea of the bottle opener/flash drive with a note "for when you must drink and drive"

get it...

(its even funnier since he's a cop)

I also like the buy all the ingredients to a recipe (10 gallon batch to brew and split)

Use the logo and get him some sort of custom bar sign, perhaps wood or tin. Theres probably places online where you could get that done.

Back