Conditioning: (dextrose or dried malt ext.)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldschool

Reaction score
I have only been conditioning my bottles with corn sugar. What are the advantages or disadvantages to using malt extract? I would like to do away with using corn products of any type. let me know thanks

Using corn sugar or table sugar to prime is cheaper.

Using malt extract to prime allows you to say that you've only used malt in your beer.

Those are the only advantages I can think of to use one over the other. There is no difference in taste, size of bubbles, quality of carbonation, etc.

thanks for your help...i guess i could always just say that i used malt. can you actually use household sugar? do you use the same amount?

thanks for your help...i guess i could always just say that i used malt. can you actually use household sugar? do you use the same amount?

Sure, you can. I think it's a little bit less. Here's a nice calculator to help you figure the exact amount: KotMF: Priming Sugar Calculator

I do all of my additions by weight, which is most accurate.

Latest posts

Back