SimCade Pale Ale and solo grilling.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvh261

Reaction score
A lazy sunday this past weekend. SWMBO was holed up studying as she's finishing her degree in a few weeks. So with nothing much to do, I walked down to the local produce mart, picked up some stuff to go with my chicken breasts and did some simple kabobs. Chicken, green peppers, mushrooms, onions, zucchini. Did some baked potatoes and some corn on the cob as well.

May as well knock back a few homebrews while I'm at it.

This is SimCade Pale Ale. A simple pale ale with a few ounces of Simcoe in the boil and a little Cascade dryhopping. A great summertime ale. Recipe is in my pulldown.

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

Yeah... I'm down to my last few bottles on the SimCade. If I can get my hands on some Simcoe I'll be brewing this one up again soon.

We grilled out with the neighbors for the fourth. Chicken, Brats, Italian sausage, potatoes, corn, grilled peppers, zucchini, beets (yes beets...i'd never tried that before). So good... and plenty of leftovers for tonight. I think I'm picking up some salmon to grill on the plank tomorrow. Might finish off those SimCades with that.

Austin Homebrew Supply has Simcoe, for the record. Don't buy it all- I want some too.

Back