Label making software quest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
OK, where do I find a good software for making labels? And how do I more effectively post them? I use word, but photobucket won't accept the images. Help please!

How much do you want to spend? I use Adobe Photoshop for most of my labels, but there is cheaper software out there.

A free alternative to Photoshop is a program called Gimp.....do a Google search for it. I had it at one time. The learning curve is pretty steep.

For very basic stuff, like resizing images, I use a little program called Irfanview. It's free, and a great little program. I think you can get it straight from www.irfanview.com.

I use gimp all the time. It is a bit of a learning curve, but I have formal autocad training and I'm sure that helped. It's definately not for the faint of heart.

Cheyco said:
I use gimp all the time. It is a bit of a learning curve, but I have formal autocad training and I'm sure that helped. It's definately not for the faint of heart.

I seemed like a very powerful graphics tool, and you can't beat the price! I was just too dumb for it. Hell, I had a copy of Photoshop, too, and it was too much for me, while my 73 year old dad has about mastered it. :rolleyes:

I think Paintshop Pro can be had for a decent price, if you look around. I don't know how good it is for stuff like this, but it might be worth looking into as well.

Back