Good deals on erlenmeyer flask 2000ml?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
I can't find this piece of glass for under $32-33! Where's the hook up on the erlenmeyer 2000ml flask?

I buy mine on Ebay. They come up all the time, and my last 2000 ml Pyrex cost me $10 plus 5 shipping

2000 is nice. I like mine... but sometimes I wish I had a 5000. Lots of times you just need more yeast, and with a 2000 stepping up often requires decanting. Ugh.

I would also like a 5 liter or at least a 3... 1 liter stepped up to 3 could probably handle most 5 gallon brews

Now that you mention it mine is the 5L as well. Overkill for small OG 5gal batches but if you ever plan to go 10gal or brew big beers a 5L is nice otherwise pitching onto a yeast cake is a must

I got my 2L Pyrex wide mouth for $13 from USABluebook.com

-=Jason=-
Do you use a foam stopper with this flask? I've got one on it's way but I'm having trouble finding a source for individual foam stoppers. The required #13 stopper measures 68mm top - 58mm bottom. This appears to match up to an Identi-plug L800-G (66-75mm) but I have only found a case of 40 available on the net for ~$55. The L800-E (46-65mm) might fit as well, but the same situation exists.

Any sources out there?

Thanks
raouliii

Cynmar.com has them for $19 (Pyrex) or $18 (Kimax), I would not try to buy the cheapest glassware if you plan on thermally abusing it.

Do you use a foam stopper with this flask? I've got one on it's way but I'm having trouble finding a source for individual foam stoppers. The required #13 stopper measures 68mm top - 58mm bottom. This appears to match up to an Identi-plug L800-G (66-75mm) but I have only found a case of 40 available on the net for ~$55. The L800-E (46-65mm) might fit as well, but the same situation exists.

Any sources out there?

Thanks
raouliii

aluminum foil...all I've ever used

First post? - WELCOME to HBT!!

If you look closely at the photo on eBay, you will see a lot of staining on that USED flask. Used for what??? Otherwise, Pyrex is a top shelf brand.

aluminum foil...all I've ever used

First post? - WELCOME to HBT!!
Thanks. Yes, I'll use foil if I can't get foam.

Yes, first post, but a looong time lurker. Most of my questions have been answered already and just needed a search. Great forum and resource.

My story: I have a half dozen, 5 gallon, extract+crystal batches under my belt, literally.:drunk: Kegging in cornies, using a True GDM-12 as a cooler with picnic taps.

Will be trying to improve my attenuation and clean up with a higher pitch rate from a yeast starter. Hence, the question on the erlenmeyer flask stopper. Building a stir plate now.

Thanks again.

Back